C350E Battery Capacity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fitted with a 6.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack, the C350e has an all-electric range of up to 19 miles – slightly less than the claimed 25-mile range of the BMW 330e iPerformance, which has a larger 7.6kWh battery.

the hybrid battery pack will have its own cooling system and may well use the same parts as other MB A/C systems hence the confusion
The weird thing is that I spoke with 2 MB members of staff about my situation both of them stating that it's a safety issue, that I might not drive it anymore if I don't fix it. I spoke with them for 3 days just to get this confusion out of my head. As I was looking online for the codes and I always found a/c parts and they were trying to make me understand what you just confirmed before. I gave the authorization thinking on what they told me. Instead of having the 15k in my drive and not able to drive it safe better spend 3k more and make it work. When I went yesterday to pick up my car they said that all parts were indeed from the a/c system. Would you be able by the codes to give your thoughts please? I mean the air con was running fine before and not in a million years I wouldn't spend 3k for air con issues on a car. 😔. What is there for me to do now?

Its possible that the cars aircon system forms part of the temperature control system for the hybrid battery via a heat exchanger- in other words the aircon is dual function. WITHOUT IT THE HYBRID BATTERY MIGHT OVERHEAT IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES So altho the aircon system is not apart of the hybrid battery itself it needs to function properly for the battery to provide power. here is a video of a hybrid battery replacement in a W222---You will notice the first thing they do is degas the the aircon- the later C350e may be similar or even more complicated.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its possible that the cars aircon system forms part of the temperature control system for the hybrid battery via a heat exchanger- in other words the aircon is dual function. WITHOUT IT THE HYBRID BATTERY MIGHT OVERHEAT IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES So altho the aircon system is not apart of the hybrid battery itself it needs to function properly for the battery to provide power. here is a video of a hybrid battery replacement in a W222---You will notice the first thing they do is degas the the aircon- the later C350e may be similar or even more complicated.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you for your fast reply. Hopefully the aa warranty will cover something of it🙏. It's unbelievable to pay these money and not to receive a good explanation back. Thank you once again.

Hi, I'm a new member reading most of the advices regarding c350e. I had battery malfunction on dash. I did the diagnosis and it came up I had to replace the air compressor and the heat exchanger. Now comes in the confusion for me. The MB dealer is telling me that these parts are part of the high voltage system (which is not covered by my warranty) and has nothing to do with the a/c system. When receiving the estimate invoice I googled the codes (000 830 56 00 70/80 000 835 05 00 )and it confirmed as much as I understand that these are parts of a/c system. Would you please be able to give your opinion on this matter? Thank you.
Hi welcome to the site.
First of all who has diagnosed the issue you or the mb dealer ?
What was your issue

Hi welcome to the site.
First of all who has diagnosed the issue you or the mb dealer ?
What was your issue
Hi, thank you for welcoming me. I took it to mercedes and they did the xentry diagnosis. Obviously it's not the technician who spoke with me over the phone but 2 of their customer service staff. Not sure the official issue yet as I go back on Monday to speak with the technician. I authorised the work by their words saying there are 2 parts from high voltage system. They assured me that the car won't drive for long if I don't fix it. When I went yesterday to pick it up they said that these parts were from the ac system (000 830 56 00 70/80 00083 05 00). I just want to understand if these parts are critical for our safety. Crazy world, I wouldn't authorise a 3k to replace the air con. My thinking was instead of keeping 15k in the drive better spend another 3k and fix it. I feel disappointed and mislead.

The "codes" you were quoted were alternative part nos for the A/C compressor and not fault codes. 2016-2018 Mercedes-Benz A/C Compressor 000-830-56-00-80 | MB OEM Parts
You need to speak to the tech involved directly
I will certainly speak with the technician on Monday. What I'm looking for now is to understand from which system is the ac compressor being part. If its the ac system that means that warranty should cover it, if it's part of the high voltage system then warranty won't cover it.

I will certainly speak with the technician on Monday. What I'm looking for now is to understand from which system is the ac compressor being part. If its the ac system that means that warranty should cover it, if it's part of the high voltage system then warranty won't cover it.
Hi take it the dealer was in Birmingham as that's where your located.
The parts you mention are both supplied by high voltage eg the h.v battery of the vehicle. The a/c compressor on this vehicle is in essence a normal compressor but is powered by h.v voltage from the h.v battery. As this vehicle doesn't have a normal belt driven compressor. There is no belt on this vehicle so main components are powered by high voltage.. what was the other part that was replaced

The issue you have with these h.v vehicle is the car runs at approx 380v and if the safety system which makes it safe for the driver detects a failure then it will start to shut down as to protect both the vehicle and the occupant. So eventually if the system goes into limp mode then it wont start or drive

Hi take it the dealer was in Birmingham as that's where your located.
The parts you mention are both supplied by high voltage eg the h.v battery of the vehicle. The a/c compressor on this vehicle is in essence a normal compressor but is powered by h.v voltage from the h.v battery. As this vehicle doesn't have a normal belt driven compressor. There is no belt on this vehicle so main components are powered by high voltage.. what was the other part that was replaced
Yes Birmingham. Only this 2 parts were. Ac compressor and heater exchanger. Thank you for clarifying it.

All h.v components have whats called a insulation resistance including all h.v wiring which is coloured orange. If either the component or the wiring has a low insulation resistance then the brain inside the h.v battery will start to shut the system down. The insulation resistance is there to basically protect the outside world from getting a shock if they come into contact with the wiring or components in the system. Mb have specifically designed checks which we carry out to determine the cause of the faults in the h.v system. If any cable or components fall.short of the required measurements then they need to be replaced hope this helps

All h.v components have whats called a insulation resistance including all h.v wiring which is coloured orange. If either the component or the wiring has a low insulation resistance then the brain inside the h.v battery will start to shut the system down. The insulation resistance is there to basically protect the outside world from getting a shock if they come into contact with the wiring or components in the system. Mb have specifically designed checks which we carry out to determine the cause of the faults in the h.v system. If any cable or components fall.short of the required measurements then they need to be replaced hope this helps
Thank you, it helped me a lot understanding. 😊.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom