C350e charging system corrosion poll

How long have you had the car and have you had corrosion in the charging system?

• 12 months plus, no problem

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 12 months plus, with charging corrosion

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 6-12 months, no problem

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • 6-12 months, with charging corrosion

• Up to 6 months, no problem

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Up to 6 months, with charging corrosion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dodgy

Car
C350e
There have been so many reports of corroded cables in the charging system of the c350e, I wonder if we can get a feel for what proportion of us have had the problem...

Mine gave up charging after 6 weeks of ownership. Was in dealer for a month waiting bits but not skipped a beat ever since. Due it's first service next week so will see if that shows anything

What really annoyed me was the cable was faulty after 5 months and they had no facilities to check so I had to find a 16A charge. Then when i proved it was the cable I asked if a 8M one could be given instead of a 4M since i waited 3 weeks.

I ended up with a 4M cable as the said its like for like.

33% so far! Forget the piece of wood - I'm off to find a Bible to pray that this is a statistical aberration due to small sample size...

5 out of 16. There must be a few other c350e owners out there...

As an early owner mine was one of the first to corrode. It is a known problem and should be a recall. It's not a case of if, but when.

Since the new loom has been fitted all is well :thumb:

I would suspect that cars manufactured from early 16 will have the modified wiring.

Last edited:
As an early owner mine was one of the first to corrode. It is a known problem and should be a recall. It's not a case of if, but when.

I would suspect that cars manufactured from early 16 will have the modified wiring.

It's good that yours is trouble-free now, but if I'm reading this right, over half the people who took delivery in the last 6 months have reported a problem. It doesn't look like it was fixed until well into this year, if indeed it has been fixed at all...

Ditto!

Since mine was repaired have had no further issues.

Now at 27K miles and all is well.

Hi,
I've had my C350e for about 11 months and it has recently developed a fault where it will not charge from the plug in socket, is this likely to be the corrosion issue referenced here? It still charges whilst driving.

The car is going in to mercedes anyway in the next few days for its first service so hopefully they can take a look then but it would be helpful to understand what the problem might be so any advice would be appreciated.

Had mine 9 months with no issues so far and charge in rain, after seeing initial reports I am careful to try not to let water ingress and even wipe around the connection when I unplug... fingers crossed !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom