C350e HYBRID BATTERY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercPassion

Car
C350e PHEV
Does anyone know how much MB will charge to replace the Hybrid battery as my C350e is fast approaching 63k and 6years,it’s also now only giving me 6miles after saying 100% fully charged?

Apparently £1,240 + the cooling system. Hope that helps

PM him on here mate
I don't sell Hybrid batteries :D

I found this price quoted on Honest John, but I think they have underestimates it.

A quick search shows that second hand C350e Hybrid batteries go on eBay for between £1,100 to £1,800, if this helps.

I would seriously look at the price of a hybrid battery for these cars as there are reports of very expensive costs when these fail, and not many people out there who know how to repair them. This article highlights the issues with these hybrid batteries.

Does anyone know how much MB will charge to replace the Hybrid battery as my C350e is fast approaching 63k and 6years,it’s also now only giving me 6miles after saying 100% fully charged?
Your experience isn't very far different from many C350e owners at this time of year. Range falls off a cliff even in mild English winter.

Brand new, pukka MB batteries won't give you much of an increase in range. See the C350e owners club thread for more details and to research / canvas the opinions of other C350e owners.

C350e owners club | Electric Mercedes models

Good to know that.:thumb: I was considering a petrol hybrid as I thought this was the way forward (no interest in full EV). Think I shall revise that to petrol only or just keep my Range Rover

Your experience isn't very far different from many C350e owners at this time of year. Range falls off a cliff even in mild English winter.

Brand new, pukka MB batteries won't give you much of an increase in range. See the C350e owners club thread for more details and to research / canvas the opinions of other C350e owners.

Here is one answer worth considering... It seems that the price of owning a 2nd hand hybrid Merc could be a very costly one. Toyota have a reasonable cost to replace, but this seems to be a big issue for Mercedes.

I would seriously look at the price of a hybrid battery for these cars as there are reports of very expensive costs when these fail, and not many people out there who know how to repair them. This article highlights the issues with these hybrid batteries.
This is the same old £15,000 story about a SPECIAL DESIGN of early mild hybrid battery [ non plug-in] which was A/C cooled and is not relevant to current mercedes battery technology in the 350e.
see EARLY MERCEDES E 300 BLUETEC HYBRID BATTERY DETAIL | Electric Mercedes models
:wallbash:

Last edited:
err phone a dealer. Probably quicker and more accurate? then let us know out of interes/help

Anyone in the market for second hand Hybrid or EV, should be aware of this.... but sadly many are still ignorant about it.

Quite a few owners wrongly condemned the battery because it did not provide the WLTP mileage advertised for the car. So the first thing to check is what sort of mileage the battery can provide under normal driving conditions at this time of year (an unrealistic expectation I suspect, given that after decades of ICE cars, buyers are still taking their cars back to the dealer because they are not returning the NEDC/WLTP advertised mpg...).

The second thing to check is the manufacture's warranty for the traction battery. Currently, most car manufacturers will provide 5 to 8 years warranty on the battery, but some early model only had the standard 3 years warranty.

The third is the cost of replacing the traction battery, should it fail after the original warranty period expired. And, also the cost of a mechanical breakdown cover that will include the traction battery (if available).

As every consumer marketing advisor will tell you... the time to carry-out a thorough research is before you buy the product... yet most of us only do this after we already own it (and then go online to complain about it...).*

*) Which I why I am not moaning about not having Live Traffic on my early 2013 car... Live Traffic was first made available in mid-2013 on the C-Class, so too late for mine, but I didn't know that when buying the car back in 2017 :( mia culpa

So what is the replacement cost, warranty and more for the new mercedes hybrid.
As I said earlier, this experience isn't very far different from many C350e owners at this time of year. Range falls off a cliff even in mild English winter.

You "probably" won't "improve" the range by using buying new batteries. It's the way that they were made.

Why chase MB for a replacement costs etc. if they're just giving the performance of the original car, which owners aren't happy with in the first place.

----

And, to turn the knife, you can't just look at headline achieved fossil fuel mpg without looking at the realistic cost of electricity, which ain't free if you're charging at home, and can be pretty dear if you're using commercial chargers.

2015 Mercedes-Benz C350e MPG - Actual MPG from 7 2015 Mercedes-Benz C350e owners

Last edited:
This is the same old £15,000 story about a SPECIAL DESIGN of early mild hybrid battery [ non plug-in] which was A/C cooled and is not relevant to current mercedes battery technology in the 350e.
see EARLY MERCEDES E 300 BLUETEC HYBRID BATTERY DETAIL | Electric Mercedes models
:wallbash:

From the link above:

'One person said: "Just to put some balance in here. I have a 2005 hybrid Prius so it's nearly 17 years old. It has 190,000 miles on the clock having travelled across Europe a number of times. It has been giving me 53 MPG until recently.

"It has now dropped to 47 MPG which means the battery is deteriorating. A new battery from Toyota is quoted at £1,900 inc VAT. A refurb of battery is quoted at £900 plus vat." '

So a £15k bill for a failed battery on an 8-years old car is really very very poor show on behalf of MB..... 👎

From the link above:

'One person said: "Just to put some balance in here. I have a 2005 hybrid Prius so it's nearly 17 years old. It has 190,000 miles on the clock having travelled across Europe a number of times. It has been giving me 53 MPG until recently.

"It has now dropped to 47 MPG which means the battery is deteriorating. A new battery from Toyota is quoted at £1,900 inc VAT. A refurb of battery is quoted at £900 plus vat." '

So a £15k bill for a failed battery on an 8-years old car is really very very poor show on behalf of MB..... 👎

To be fair to the C350e, but not very, a plug in hybrid is a very different fish to the 2005 hybrid. The capacity, technology and economy of scale is far greater. (Other's might point out that 47mpg in relatively cheap petrol hybrid isn't that much better than a good small fossil fuel engine.

(Not my subject area but isn't that battery in that kind of early Prius a fifth of the 6.4 KwH capacity of the C350e ? )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom