C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So a question for those who have had their C350e longer than me.

Are winter tyres worth it?

It's something I would have to fund, as the company won't (although it's happy for me to fit them).

I think if you must change tyres for winter period, I wouldn’t, you should consider “all season” tyres.
Unless you are in somewhere such as the highlands, moorland or an area where snow is a common feature in the winter. Winter tyres may be inappropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have them but haven’t really needed them during the last 2 winters. I look at it as a little extra cost - the miles you do on them save the summer tyre wear. I have mine changed and stored at the tyre fitters - they charge me £ 50 / year to store and £ 25 to fit.

Just got a malfunction error. Thought I’d raise here and update on the progress because it relates to AirMatic suspension we all get as standard.
Car was fine this morning, parked at the office and got the error immediately when coming home. Merc said to keep below 50 and get it booked it, which I’ll do tomorrow. It was a very bumpy ride home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got a malfunction error. Thought I’d raise here and update on the progress because it relates to AirMatic suspension we all get as standard.
Car was fine this morning, parked at the office and got the error immediately when coming home. Merc said to keep below 50 and get it booked it, which I’ll do tomorrow. It was a very bumpy ride home.

Ouch. Presumably it was riding on no air? Hope it gets resolved quickly. Keep us posted!

Beware of the charge flap opening even when you did not open it.

At a ballpit in Coventry I open the car, the boot, walking back to the drivers car and snap it ripped clean off as was somehow open. Now there is no chargepoint at the ballpit but they had their camera's switched off (for child protection). So I have no way to prove to Mercedes that I did not open it. Now the dealer may be lucky to just change the hinge but that's still £56 and labour is £250 as bumper comes off.

A guy at work has just done the exact same thing to his C350e that he's had for 3 weeks - looks lovely held together with sticky tape now!

Beware of the charge flap opening even when you did not open it.

At a ballpit in Coventry I open the car, the boot, walking back to the drivers car and snap it ripped clean off as was somehow open. Now there is no chargepoint at the ballpit but they had their camera's switched off (for child protection). So I have no way to prove to Mercedes that I did not open it. Now the dealer may be lucky to just change the hinge but that's still £56 and labour is £250 as bumper comes off.

Yes the dealer cant fit it in until Tuesday and refuses to keep it as I'm cant get the cossie out of the garage.

I was thinking of applying sellotape but worried it would peel paint off or the colour coded cover fell off.

Guy at work has been taping his up for last week and paint is still fine..

Yes the dealer cant fit it in until Tuesday and refuses to keep it as I'm cant get the cossie out of the garage.

I was thinking of applying sellotape but worried it would peel paint off or the colour coded cover fell off.

The other annoying issue with these charge sockets is that relock quickly after you unlock the car.
Normally by the time I’ve dumped my stuff in the car and walked around the back to unplug in the morning it’s locked itself. Why? It makes no sense to me.

I took delivery of my new C350e Sport saloon last week. Very pleased with it, I've always liked the W205 C Class and I've done a few hundred miles in a colleagues C350e and was hooked.

I don't like the W205 diesels as they're a bit noisy and wafting around on electric and with air suspension is wonderful. The overall range isn't great but it'll get me to the motorway junctions at each end of my commute and return north of 50mpg which is a significant improvement over my previous 2.0 Turbo Mondeo which returned low 30's.

I really miss keyless entry and start - I don't have the Premium pack because I didn't want a panoramic roof - I'm very tall and headroom is tight enough as it is. I'll break the habit of leaving my keys in my coat pocket on the back seat I'm sure.

I've noticed a couple of issues with the bootlid - it's very springy and hard to close, it seems to need a fair slam to shut, and it's almost impossible to close from the handle alone. Is this normal? Also the hinge catches slightly on the trim at the side of the boot, but I think a bit of minor surgery with a Stanley knife has resolved it.

I took delivery of my new C350e Sport saloon last week. Very pleased with it, I've always liked the W205 C Class and I've done a few hundred miles in a colleagues C350e and was hooked.

I don't like the W205 diesels as they're a bit noisy and wafting around on electric and with air suspension is wonderful. The overall range isn't great but it'll get me to the motorway junctions at each end of my commute and return north of 50mpg which is a significant improvement over my previous 2.0 Turbo Mondeo which returned low 30's.

I really miss keyless entry and start - I don't have the Premium pack because I didn't want a panoramic roof - I'm very tall and headroom is tight enough as it is. I'll break the habit of leaving my keys in my coat pocket on the back seat I'm sure.

I've noticed a couple of issues with the bootlid - it's very springy and hard to close, it seems to need a fair slam to shut, and it's almost impossible to close from the handle alone. Is this normal? Also the hinge catches slightly on the trim at the side of the boot, but I think a bit of minor surgery with a Stanley knife has resolved it.

I gave up manually shutting the boot straight away. I just use the button to activated the powered close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to tell you that as the sunroof opens outwards it increases the headroom not encroaching in it ! I’m 6’ 2” and wouldn’t be without it.

The other annoying issue with these charge sockets is that relock quickly after you unlock the car.
Normally by the time I’ve dumped my stuff in the car and walked around the back to unplug in the morning it’s locked itself. Why? It makes no sense to me.

Yes, I agree. No reason why it locks so quickly.
You'll have to dump your stuff on the offside rear seat and then you are within reach of the socket!

Yes, I agree. No reason why it locks so quickly.
You'll have to dump your stuff on the offside rear seat and then you are within reach of the socket!
It is to ensure that cable isn’t maliciously removed after you plug in and leave the car. You have 30 seconds which is more than enough to open the plug port and attach cable.
How difficult is it to just touch the rear door handle to unlock the car if you time out ?

It is to ensure that cable isn’t maliciously removed after you plug in and leave the car. You have 30 seconds which is more than enough to open the plug port and attach cable.
How difficult is it to just touch the rear door handle to unlock the car if you time out ?

Yes fair point, but I would rather it locked and unlocked with the rest of the car instead of working independently.

Yes fair point, but I would rather it locked and unlocked with the rest of the car instead of working independently.
I once plugged my car in and sat in a nearby Costa. A while later I got an email from Mercedes asking if I knew the car was unlocked !

I ordered my 350e estate in early September with an expected delivery date of mid-March. Less than 2 weeks from placing the order, I received an email from MBUK stating that all variants of the 350e are suffering increased lead times and now won't be available until at least 31st March. Has anyone else received this email? And is anyone aware of the reasons for the delays?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom