C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That certainly does suggest a total failure of one of more cells/modules doesn't it - please keep us posted on progress, I think we're likely all interested in the outcome!

I forget who/where it was, but I've seen a post showing the iCarsoft display for the battery modules. There are lots of individual modules listed. TBH, given I've got an iCarsoft I've never even plugged into the car, and there is a C350e parked in the drive, I probably ought to go and have a look one of these days.....

Will keep you posted. Interestingly going back through MB app messages, I do have battery charge error messages from late Sunday. It was Monday when the range dropped from 13-14 to 7 miles so this ties in nicely.

Attachments

• 8E0BA5BF-DF7A-43FE-A2FF-1D8DEADA713B.jpeg
    8E0BA5BF-DF7A-43FE-A2FF-1D8DEADA713B.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 29
That's some evidence then. Our C threw a charge error a short while back - just stopped shortly after plugging it in. I reset the Rolec and it then worked OK from that point and a full charge went in. Been fine since. It also refused to charge on one occasion last year - charge indicator on the socket didn't go green. I went through a few little dances to try to get it to play, two chargers, turn the car on & off etc. It came good in the end.

Just tried putting the iCarsoft on the car....and either I'm doing something wrong, it needs the firmware updating or it simply doesn't 'see' the battery modules and I mis-remembered where that report I saw came from. Basically, no sign of the HV battery modules but I do see entries for the DC-DC converter and the HV charger. . It listed 54 modules in the car.

So just retired and thought I would buy myself a Merc..looked at the 350e you are honestly saying that it only does 6-10miles on a charge! Hardly seems worth the effort

If you run it in EV only then that’s about right, but you need to factor in all the times the engine isn’t running too. For example I did a 200 mile round trip yesterday with only charging at the start of the journey. Was a mix of A roads and motorway and quite a bit of traffic. Managed 45mpg and the engine was off for 70 miles of the 200.

Also for shorter journeys it’s best to start in e-save until the cars warmed up, I do the school run of 15 miles and generally get 99mpg that way.

I've had my 350e about 6 weeks now and although it would be good to have more range on battery I am really happy with it. The performance of ice and electric combined is fantastic. The quality of build and ride is brilliant. I can do the majority of my journeys on battery as I live in a city and have a short commute.

It's true it wouldn't really suit high mileage long commute drivers unless you are happy with around 45mpg but if you're driving profile suits you can achieve way more than that.

So just retired and thought I would buy myself a Merc..looked at the 350e you are honestly saying that it only does 6-10miles on a charge! Hardly seems worth the effort

I think most of us are talking about the 6.2kWh C350e. The newer C300e and C300de have 13.8kWh batteries. I’m not sure how common they are...

The car is very sensitive to how you use it. If you do predominantly short trips and charge whenever practical, it can work out pretty well. If you want, it’ll do 50+ mpg on longer runs too, but of course, so will a diesel. It does go rather well when pushed too, which is worth bearing in mind.

Our average mpg in 30 months (and embarrassingly few miles) is just short of 70.

Battery only mileage ranges from 6-8 in winter and up to 13-14 in summer.

FWIW, if I was buying a new car now, I’d be looking at a Tesla M3.

Quick update on the battery issue. No further forward really. The dealer wants the car for 2 full days as their technical analysis thus far is inconclusive. Will go back into them Monday week for road testing and further assessment.

6 to 7 miles for me on the coldest of days mid winter and 12 miles in the summer with local driving and it's quite hilly/urban where I live. On my commute yesterday, driving carefully at 40/ 55 mph it just managed 16 miles before the car hit 20% and the ICE kicked in, so a battery depletion rate of 5% per mile. In E only mode it would have just about eked out another 2 miles, dropping the battery to 10%, making 18 miles in total. Not bad figures compared to the published figures, in a 3 year old car with 34k miles that has been regularly charged. So, also seems like the battery is holding up quite well. Averaging 51 mpg.

Quick update on the battery issue. No further forward really. The dealer wants the car for 2 full days as their technical analysis thus far is inconclusive. Will go back into them Monday week for road testing and further assessment.

Further update. Prior to going in this morning, the car had stopped utilising emode entirely over the weekend, even when the battery was at 100%

The technician at MB Macclesfield has reset the HV system, clearing down lots of errors. They’re going to keep it overnight, but the range is now showing 18 miles.

With the number of errors, questions have been asked about my charging unit at home. It’s not necessarily the root cause, but has anyone experience of getting their tethered charging unit serviced/tested?

Further update. Prior to going in this morning, the car had stopped utilising emode entirely over the weekend, even when the battery was at 100%

The technician at MB Macclesfield has reset the HV system, clearing down lots of errors. They’re going to keep it overnight, but the range is now showing 18 miles.

With the number of errors, questions have been asked about my charging unit at home. It’s not necessarily the root cause, but has anyone experience of getting their tethered charging unit serviced/tested?

My three-pin cable fell to pieces and I spent months getting a replacement out of MB. Sorry: not helpful.

My charge point has been inspected twice, once by someone who was auditing the fitter and once directly by an organisation contracted by OLEV: NICEIC. The first inspection resulted in an improved earthing system. The second one was just a quick checkup.

They are very simple devices: a switch, an RCD, a box to negotiate charging rate with the car, and a contactor ... what do they think is supposed to need servicing? There is a slight potential issue (ho ho) with earthing them because the recommendation is that they have their own earth rod (to create a TT system) rather than exporting an earth from the house, but I'm told that many have been connected to the house earth. This is a minor safety point that would not affect charge performance.

Hi all,

I am a recent proud owner of a 2016 c350e benz. Is there anyway I can check the health of the hybrid battery.

On full charge it indicates I can get 12 miles but I feel it doesn't reach anywhere near that standard and concerned the battery has depleted some what

Any advice would be greatful

Hi all,

I've had my 2016 plate for about 2 months now and I love it! I have short daily commute that rarely goes above 30mph so this is ideal for me.

One minor thing I've been trying to get working is the haptic pedal. I read that it is supposed to pulse just before the ICE kicks in and I seem to remember feeling this when I test drove a 2015 C350e.

Mine doesn't pulse. I read that it needs to be in E-Mode, which I have done and although I can feel resistance just before the ICE kicks in, there is no pulse/vibration.

Does everybody else have the pulse? Is there something in the car settings or a switch somewhere to enable this?

Thanks
Mark

Try setting it to ECO as well as e-mode. You should then feel pressure when it wants you to lift-off to match the speed of the vehicle in front.

Hi all,

I am a recent proud owner of a 2016 c350e benz. Is there anyway I can check the health of the hybrid battery.

On full charge it indicates I can get 12 miles but I feel it doesn't reach anywhere near that standard and concerned the battery has depleted some what

Any advice would be greatful

Don't know of any way other than perhaps charge via something which tells you how many kWh it has taken to fully charge from 10%-100%.

I’ve just had an email exchange with Mercedes Fleet Sales regarding the replacement of my C350e next year. The EQC isn’t available for quote on Zenith’s systems, but it is available for test drive. Unfortunately, this is a system error - Mercedes have no demonstrators available to Zenith. The E300e is £300 per month more expensive than the C350e, so it looks like the final year of my current lease will be the last for now. Tesla Model 3 is in pole position as the replacement.

Hi all,

I've had my 2016 plate for about 2 months now and I love it! I have short daily commute that rarely goes above 30mph so this is ideal for me.
Mark

It pulses to remind you to lift off if you are approaching the car in front of you. You encounter resistance in the throttle pedal if it’s about to engage the ICE. The pulsing only happens in Eco mode.

I’ve just had an email exchange with Mercedes Fleet Sales regarding the replacement of my C350e next year. The EQC isn’t available for quote on Zenith’s systems, but it is available for test drive. Unfortunately, this is a system error - Mercedes have no demonstrators available to Zenith. The E300e is £300 per month more expensive than the C350e, so it looks like the final year of my current lease will be the last for now. Tesla Model 3 is in pole position as the replacement.

I don't know what's happened to the C350e successor. There was all sorts on the rumour mill wasn't there? You see loads about, and BMW immediately brought out a 330e in their new 3 series so they obviously see a market for it. It's a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom