C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Take your point, but it is still a guide as to the condition of the hybrid battery, over around 60 charges mine has never varied from 12 to 14.
If when I viewed my car it was showing 8 or 10 miles range I would have had second thoughts and probably negotiated the price down. As it was seeng 14 gave me the assurance to purchase.

Do you do very similar drives each day? I do with mine, but if one day I do an unusually long journey (for me), next day the predicted range is much greater. I will remember to do this before I sell it. :D

My usage is local less than 20 miles, did a trip of 157 miles last week the next charge was 14.
Only done 1000 miles or so since purchase so early days yet.
Haven’t experienced any effect of predictive range, need to try some sport plus driving I think.

That's great, thanks very much for the info, after reading loads of the previous posts I knew there was only one place to come for real views and figures! The car seems perfect for what I need, the only issue I have is with the boot size, I keep trying to justify just buying it anyway but I have to get a bag full of inflated footballs and some kit in there at least on normal days let alone the ridiculous amount of camping gear we have as a family. I guess I could get a small trailer! thanks again, I'll let you know how I get on.

Btw has anyone seen a video review by a swiss guy from 2016. Its a little hard to get through but he makes some good observations on driving style and recharging on journeys. I think it was on you tube - Is it ok to post links on here? I'll find it and upload it if anyone is interested.

Btw has anyone seen a video review by a swiss guy from 2016. Its a little hard to get through but he makes some good observations on driving style and recharging on journeys. I think it was on you tube - Is it ok to post links on here? I'll find it and upload it if anyone is interested.
Think I’ve seen just about all of them, my favourite is the Fully Charged video.

In other economy news, I was slightly disappointed with 43mpg on the 259 mile trip I did yesterday, then I saw what my valentine achieved today...
8445cf4c184dc83c13b1268380950833.jpg

In other economy news, I was slightly disappointed with 43mpg on the 259 mile trip I did yesterday, then I saw what my valentine achieved today...
I did 157 @ 45.5 mpg last week, don’t think it’s too bad considering the weight it’s lugging around.
My wife has no desire to drive the car at the moment which I’m glad about as I don’t think she Even thinks about economy when she’s driving.:wallbash:

You did much better than me. I've just travelled 225 miles and got 34.9

Don't get me wrong, I weren't really trying to be economical as I just wanted to get there lol.

Started with full electric and ended with nothing. I did try a charge whilst driving to see if the short hit on mpg to charge it would up the mpg in the long run but it didn't! I've definitely done better than this before but road conditions, full car load and a heavy foot.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

You did much better than me. I've just travelled 225 miles and got 34.9

Don't get me wrong, I weren't really trying to be economical as I just wanted to get there lol.

Started with full electric and ended with nothing. I did try a charge whilst driving to see if the short hit on mpg to charge it would up the mpg in the long run but it didn't! I've definitely done better than this before but road conditions, full car load and a heavy foot.

I’ve never tried an uneconomical run in this car. Only 4 months to go now, so I ought to check out that end of the spectrum. Sport+ on a motorway sounds a bit silly though...
[emoji848]

I’ve never tried an uneconomical run in this car. Only 4 months to go now, so I ought to check out that end of the spectrum. Sport+ on a motorway sounds a bit silly though...
[emoji848]
Yeh tbf, I was in eco but cruise set at 85 most of the way. (I mean 70 for any police that may be in here).

Did an 11 mile trip today with very little battery, ended up at 37 mpg. Charged the car this evening to 100% and it’s showing 15 miles range. Anyone see the logic in that. :wallbash:

DD1D3382-3D25-4E24-96C0-74BAAF480305.png

It’s not known as the guess-o-meter for nothing....

Indeed! :D

You're too hung up on in it Mike, it's meaningless. It could be snowing today, you've got five people in the car and you are driving in the mountains. That "15 miles" will take you 5 at best. It would be far better if it was just a % readout, or a battery health monitor, or a picture of Holly Willoughby. ;)

Indeed! :D

You're too hung up on in it Mike, it's meaningless. It could be snowing today, you've got five people in the car and you are driving in the mountains. That "15 miles" will take you 5 at best. It would be far better if it was just a % readout, or a battery health monitor, or a picture of Holly Willoughby. ;)

Yes I know you are both right I am tending now to look more a the energy flow screen and use the battery % as a guide and change mode accordingly.
By the way the 15miles I had last night had dropped to 14 by morning and went down to 12 before I’d done a mile. Having said that at the end of my 21 mile journey the mpg was showing as 80.7 so all good.:D

Hi guy's, i need help please, i have a 2016 C350E, and 3 weeks ago i got a malfuntion error on display,
it said take to garage, and don't change gear, i brought it to MB and they done a full dionostic check,
and said they done an update on batterys, and all is good !! less than 3 weeks later i got the same message, but a lot more light's on dash
lighting up, they had no appointment availible until march 5th, so brought it to an independent mb dealer,
done dionostic and said batterys is faulty, it has 80k, i know the waranty say's 60k or 6 year's waht ever comes first,
any help much appreciated, as i'm in dyre straights without it, :(

That doesn’t sound good :(

Given the mileage, a warranty claim is probably very unlikely, but all you can do is ask I suppose. I guess any attempt will have to go through a main dealer too.

Keep us posted and very best of luck.

would you know the part number for the battery, as i may have to start looking,
this is the 2nd major fault as i had a bad fuel smell in cabin that cost me £1500 also.

Sorry, no clue I'm afraid.

While we are talking battery - did they confirm it was the high voltage motive power battery pack that's faulty during the diagnostic? The car has a couple of 12V batteries too, and we know how upset modern cars get when the 12V system battery goes bad.

The fuel smell in cabin has come up before, only ever heard it being blamed on a fuel pipe that runs across the back of the engine and usually done under warranty too. Not saying it couldn't have been something else of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom