C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had my car valued at Mercedes and they offered £13500, which I found seriously undervalued.

Just read on another forum that a major car group are not taking any used cars into stock at the moment and another guy had his car devalued a few thousand pounds between his first enquiry a week ago and following it up this week. Crazy times. Might be better to sit tight if you can afford to.

I have no choice but to keep it because I’ve paid for the thermostat and A service.

£8000 loss in 7 months is very hard to accept

Just read on another forum that a major car group are not taking any used cars into stock at the moment and another guy had his car devalued a few thousand pounds between his first enquiry a week ago and following it up this week. Crazy times. Might be better to sit tight if you can afford to.

I was considering selling privately and buy a VW Passat estate but decided to keep it. This is my first and last Mercedes I’ll own because these cars are only for the Rich.

@Sraj Hopefully you will see an improvement in mpg now.

Only you can know if you would be better off to sell it at the offered price or hold fire. Given what’s happening now in the world, any kind of plans have gone out the window so do whatever makes best short-term sense seems like the best option to me at least.

A Romanian cleaner who loves his cars taught me a valuable lesson which I’m going to share with you:

When you buy a monkey, make sure you can catch the Banana.

Wish I knew about this before buying the BMW and Mercedes.

I was considering selling privately and buy a VW Passat estate but decided to keep it. This is my first and last Mercedes I’ll own because these cars are only for the Rich.

Over the (fairly) recent years, my wife and I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Vauxhall & Ford. The one clear verdict - cars are expensive!! By far the most expensive was the BMW. By far the most unreliable was the VW closely followed by the Audi. The cheapest and most reliable was the Nissan - closely followed by the Mazda. (The Mitsubishi was an Evo X - it was totally reliable but had to be serviced every 7000miles and therefore quite expensive). The only car I have purchased more than once was Mercedes (my current C300 is my fourth C-Class) and this is because on balance I think the whole life costs were better than the others. Although I was lucky with my C350e I think the hybrid technology was new to Merc and the car is very complicated. Therefore, I think the potential for expensive problems was greater - this seems to be true for the hybrids from Audi and BMW as well (my friend who has an Audi e-Tron reckons it spends as much time in the garage as it does on the road!). I think if I had to be really cautious with my budget I would buy a Ford - yes they had a few well publicised problems with cooling system failures but they are pretty much bullet proof, they are cheap to buy and service and yet they hold their value.

I had a top of the range Ford Mondeo and that was very reliable with great economy. Loved driving manual cars. Unfortunately the car was written off, thanks to two HGV vehicles giving me a pounding and easily could have killed me.

I was tempted to get a Ford Galaxy prior to the Mercedes, but I was scared to own another Ford because I’ve had 2 accidents in a Ford car( both could have killed me) and the other got stolen.

Mercedes Loughton stitched me up badly and refused to take responsibility for their negligence. They knew about the dodgy thermostat and told me it was working perfectly. A month later I went to a different dealership and they said it was faulty and cost of repair would be £840. Made a complaint about Loughton and no action was taken. Since then I’ve refused to give a penny to any Mercedes dealerships - overpriced pricks.

Just realised I could have delayed my service for a bit longer because my previous service history shows the car being serviced at 16000 miles instead of yearly.

The car was last serviced in March 2019 at 57896. Current mileage is 66543. Bought the car in August 2019 with 61777 on the clock.

Over the (fairly) recent years, my wife and I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Vauxhall & Ford. The one clear verdict - cars are expensive!! By far the most expensive was the BMW. By far the most unreliable was the VW closely followed by the Audi. The cheapest and most reliable was the Nissan - closely followed by the Mazda. (The Mitsubishi was an Evo X - it was totally reliable but had to be serviced every 7000miles and therefore quite expensive). The only car I have purchased more than once was Mercedes (my current C300 is my fourth C-Class) and this is because on balance I think the whole life costs were better than the others. Although I was lucky with my C350e I think the hybrid technology was new to Merc and the car is very complicated. Therefore, I think the potential for expensive problems was greater - this seems to be true for the hybrids from Audi and BMW as well (my friend who has an Audi e-Tron reckons it spends as much time in the garage as it does on the road!). I think if I had to be really cautious with my budget I would buy a Ford - yes they had a few well publicised problems with cooling system failures but they are pretty much bullet proof, they are cheap to buy and service and yet they hold their value.

Last edited:
Guys, how many miles do you get in a full tank?

Guys, how many miles do you get in a full tank?
Sraj, I have filled mine up three times since buying the car, as you can see economy is improving as I learn how to drive the car.EA179ACE-BA89-4D87-BE20-783DE4D84920.png

That’s incredible!!!!

I’m driving slow and only get 350 miles before the reserve light comes on.

How do you drive your car? I drive on comfort. Sometimes Eco. I’ve never used sports before

QUOTE="Mikep2, post: 2870184, member: 147288"]Sraj, I have filled mine up three times since buying the car, as you can see economy is improving as I learn how to drive the car.View attachment 93424[/QUOTE]

I’ve got over 1000 to a tank more than once....

Well, the Saab 9-5 Aero estate that I had before the C350e was far and away the best car I've owned, but the fuel consumption and road tax were painful.

A short time ago I mentioned an intermittent suspension issue "stop driving, car too low" ... it happened again this week so I got M-B to recover, fix and return the car. The recovery, replacement hire car and return of the car was excellent ... I didn't realise that a recovery service was a freebie with the dealer servicing. The fault was the compressor - is this sounding familiar? The bill was just under £200 because M-B made a contribution, but faults like this shouldn't happen after only 34k miles so I'm in discussion with M-B.

Well, the Saab 9-5 Aero estate that I had before the C350e was far and away the best car I've owned, but the fuel consumption and road tax were painful.

A short time ago I mentioned an intermittent suspension issue "stop driving, car too low" ... it happened again this week so I got M-B to recover, fix and return the car. The recovery, replacement hire car and return of the car was excellent ... I didn't realise that a recovery service was a freebie with the dealer servicing. The fault was the compressor - is this sounding familiar? The bill was just under £200 because M-B made a contribution, but faults like this shouldn't happen after only 34k miles so I'm in discussion with M-B.

Only 21k miles before mine went. I have a feeling Zenith may have had an extended warranty on it.

Just done the A service and was told about a front spring link being loose. He told me that the whole part needs to be changed and it’s going to cost £350. He also mentioned if it’s gets worse the wheel will fall off.

Has anyone experienced this?

obviously I’m fully aware of the rear discs. Didn’t know about the front discs though.

Already spent £550 on the car within a week. Would have traded if I knew about this earlier. Mercedes didn’t mention any of this.

Attachments

• 6FA9635F-320B-4A46-B5AD-9622E30792BB.jpeg
    6FA9635F-320B-4A46-B5AD-9622E30792BB.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 12
That’s incredible!!!!

I’m driving slow and only get 350 miles before the reserve light comes on.

How do you drive your car? I drive on comfort. Sometimes Eco. I’ve never used sports before

QUOTE="Mikep2, post: 2870184, member: 147288"]Sraj, I have filled mine up three times since buying the car, as you can see economy is improving as I learn how to drive the car.View attachment 93424
[/QUOTE]

I’m almost always in ECO, on electric until battery is at 80%, switch to E save until mpg drops to around 70. Switch to electric until the battery is at 50% at this point mpg is back up to 99mpg again so back to E save making sure you have about 30% left when you are a few miles from destination.
Lots of coasting very little braking, letting the collision prevention system brake for you as much as you can.
This normally gets me about 18 miles, hills will have a big effect so avoid climbing slopes in E mode

FRONT offside SPRING LINK BALL JOINT

Just done the A service and was told about a front spring link being loose. He told me that the whole part needs to be changed and it’s going to cost £350. He also mentioned if it’s gets worse the wheel will fall off.

obviously I’m fully aware of the rear discs. Didn’t know about the front discs though.

Already spent £550 on the car within a week. Would have traded if I knew about this earlier. Mercedes didn’t mention any of this.

Sraj - you have my deepest sympathy. It sounds like your car is an absolute dog and from my experience, not at all typical of Mercedes. I now only do 25k miles a year but I used to do almost 35k miles every year. Typically I keep my cars for 3 years. None of my Mercs ever needed anything more than normal servicing (apart from the C350 suspension compressor - repaired under warranty just before 3years was up). Believe me, I drive my cars hard (the C350e was in Sport mode most of the time) and even with the very high mileages I never had to have the brake rotors changed or skimmed, never had any suspension wear, never had the annoying electrical failures your car has experienced. I cannot explain how but it sounds like your car must have been badly abused early in its life.

Version 1.0.3 has been released featuring "bug fixes"!
Will see if this is any better.

I do get the impression the people who design these Apps have never seen a car, let alone driven one. :D
Hi Cap,

Can I ask, what update are yee referring to.. (apple, android??) No new app update that I can see, maybe you have a link or an apk.. BTW I have build 2.13 I think..
Tks
Gary
4572db680de2c11145fd569cc6ae2f95.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Latest Apple version is 1.0.4 (544) as of this morning when I last checked. This version seems to work as well as the original app did. Faint praise, I know.....

I’ve pretty much given up on the app. I now go and sit in the car to activated the departure time. It takes a few seconds, which is a small price to pay for not having to watch the blue wheel of death until it does or doesn’t work...

I’ve pretty much given up on the app. I now go and sit in the car to activated the departure time. It takes a few seconds, which is a small price to pay for not having to watch the blue wheel of death until it does or doesn’t work...

It usually takes 3 attempts before it 'sticks' when I use it. It's a shame it can't operate in a direct communication mode when within range of the controlling phone....but of course, I know why it won't, they couldn't easily regulate (monetise) use then, could they.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom