C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On a 25-30 miles journey (through villages, countryside, etc) starting with 100% charge, which usage would result better mpg? Just leave it hybrid mode and let the car figure out how to go (I believe it would use up the HV battery quite quickly) or better keep switching manually between E-Save and Hybrid depending the speed and traffic nature?

At this time of year I use E-Save to start off and get some heat into the cabin. I would also use E-Save if there is a steep hill to go up. Otherwise leave it in Hybrid. To be honest I think the difference will be marginal, but the heater does take a lot of battery power at this time of year.

At this time of year I use E-Save to start off and get some heat into the cabin. I would also use E-Save if there is a steep hill to go up. Otherwise leave it in Hybrid. To be honest I think the difference will be marginal, but the heater does take a lot of battery power at this time of year.
Thank you.
Also checked the warranty extension at MB and it was around £1200 for 2 years I guess, but as far as I remember the battery wasn’t included. My battery is no longer under the warranty due to the mileage so this would’ve been quite handy but unfortunately they’re not bothered. Bought a 3 years RAC warranty in the end for £550, of course the battery isn’t covered there either.

That sounds very high. They must have added an angry customer charge to yours! ;)
Mine was £499 last year and £499 this year (just renewed).
I’m probably on their (s)hit-list after setting the Ombudsman on them to clarify the HV warranty.

Their loss, £500 I might have swallowed, over £1k, no way.

I’m probably on their (s)hit-list after setting the Ombudsman on them to clarify the HV warranty.

Their loss, £500 I might have swallowed, over £1k, no way.
According to their website, when I checked back in August it was nearly £1200 for 2 years and £650 for a year. At least for my car with 80k miles.

That’s odd....maybe I got it wrong?? Whatever the number was, it was too much for me anyway!

Just checked again, £670 for one year, £1290 for 2. Just under 4 yers old, 8k miles. Dunno where I got that £1k + figure from. Maybe it was the 2 years and I just got it wrong.

Interesting it seems the mileage makes zero difference to the price.

Just checked again, £670 for one year, £1290 for 2. Just under 4 yers old, 8k miles. Dunno where I got that £1k + figure from. Maybe it was the 2 years and I just got it wrong.

Interesting it seems the mileage makes zero difference to the price.
Have you found anything regarding the HV battery?

I think I might know where I got the £1k from now.....warranty plus the servicing you have to have in order for the warranty to be valid.

Thanks! If I already have gap within the warranty (expired this year January) and wasn’t extended straight away, I wouldn’t be able to buy it now, would I.

Thanks! If I already have gap within the warranty (expired this year January) and wasn’t extended straight away, I wouldn’t be able to buy it now, would I.
I wouldn't have thought so. You could always ring them and ask - 0345 641 9778.

I'm enjoying the pre-heat these cold mornings, although my charger socket was full of snow today...
The latest app seems to be better at activating, but it's a shame you have to set it each day and not once for Monday to Friday.

Used the app on ours this morning. Only took 2 attempts today, but since the latest update, when it fails, it resets the whole page so you have to re-enter your selected departure time and try again.....and what on earth does the slider at the bottom mean? “Activate precon at departure time”

Anyhoo, set it for a 9:00 departure and it worked as I’d want, so good enough.

I’m in the process of switching to the Octopus Go electricity tariff at the moment, so once that’s done, I plan on making a small mod to my Rolec charger so I can schedule charging to happen during the cheap rate. We used to be able to schedule charging via the app. didn’t we....

Main motivation for the new tariff is to make better use of my Tesla Powerwall. I was dubious how effective it would be in terms of managing itself, but by all accounts, it’s pretty ‘smart’ and doesn’t get confused by having solar PV. I was worried it would end up charging itself at night then not use solar during the day. Time will tell.

Guess what the problem was with my suspension?

Water ingress damaging the electrical connections and killing the compressor.

Known fault with the C350e...
Just had the same issue, water ingress from below. MB resisting call for fault sharing or acceptance. Anyone had any success in securing assistance from MB?

Recently picked up a late 2016 low mileage c350, still getting familiar with it but loving it so far as a drive ( electric range aside ) Is there a way I can find out the total miles done on battery versus Petrol, sorry for the n00b question as I am still fumbling my way around the displays.

Just had the same issue, water ingress from below. MB resisting call for fault sharing or acceptance. Anyone had any success in securing assistance from MB?

Sorry to hear that. Does seem a common fault. Most of mine was covered by the extended warranty. All you can do is natter and tell them it's a common fault and given you live in Scotland it's impossible not to go out in the rain!

Recently picked up a late 2016 low mileage c350, still getting familiar with it but loving it so far as a drive ( electric range aside ) Is there a way I can find out the total miles done on battery versus Petrol, sorry for the n00b question as I am still fumbling my way around the displays.

One of the Trip screens shows it. Use the up and down arrows on the steering wheel to toggle through the displays.

Hi!

Im having this problem with my -17 c350e, charging flap won’t stay closed but when i force it closed with my hand and close the doors from keys it stays closed but when i open the doors again from keys the flap opens on itself.
I can’t get to my car without having the charging flap open, but somehow yesterday when this problem started i managed to close the charging flap when i closed and reopen the doors several times.

Today i couldnt close the flap anymore.

Any ideas wheres the problem or im i missing something?

Hi!

Im having this problem with my -17 c350e, charging flap won’t stay closed but when i force it closed with my hand and close the doors from keys it stays closed but when i open the doors again from keys the flap opens on itself.
I can’t get to my car without having the charging flap open, but somehow yesterday when this problem started i managed to close the charging flap when i closed and reopen the doors several times.

Today i couldnt close the flap anymore.

Any ideas wheres the problem or im i missing something?

Mine does this, especially now the weather has turned cold.

On the back of the flap is a prong. Make sure that is straight.
The prong goes into a spring loaded receiver. Squirt some lube in to the receiver - you will need to use a blunt instrument to hold it open while you do this.

Mine does this, especially now the weather has turned cold.

On the back of the flap is a prong. Make sure that is straight.
The prong goes into a spring loaded receiver. Squirt some lube in to the receiver - you will need to use a blunt instrument to hold it open while you do this.
Thanks for reply, it is about -3 celsius degrees here in finland so maybe that is the reason with mine too but how can the locking mechanism be so bad? Can i ever use charging during winters then?

I did try to squirt some WD-40 lube, what kind of lube have you used?
What do you do when it’s cold weather and you cant close the flap? Do you just drive around with open flap or have you managed to close it somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom