C350e owners club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any suggestions how could I trigger the autonomous emergency braking without any risk of damage or involving other road users? Always wanted to try this feature just to make sure it works.

Large EMPTY!!! cardboard box in the road and drive at it?
I thought about this but still worried about ending up with a few scuffs if the test doesn't go as planned. 😄

side on tuesday and a bit of demon shine :devil:
The best shape and colour I've ever had. Beautiful car.🥰

Anyone else noticed that sometimes when the ICE kicks in, the car doesn't seem to find the right rpm for some reason and the rev counter starts at around 2500-3000, only for half sec, then drops the needle immediately to the normal 1200-1500 area? This behaviour happens very rarely but definitely noticeable sometimes .

Any suggestions how could I trigger the autonomous emergency braking without any risk of damage or involving other road users? Always wanted to try this feature just to make sure it works.
@seekay Do you have Distronic Plus? I thought Pre-Safe (AEB in MB language) only comes on cars with adaptive cruise because it needs the radar sensor behind the front star sign as well as the stereo camera in the windscreen?

If you do have distronic plus, then unless you have an error message on the dash saying Pre-safe function limited (or something like that) then it's working fine. I have Distronic Plus, wouldn't buy a MB without it.

Pre-Safe has only operated twice in my 3 years of driving the C350e, and it's rather amazing at how the car "sees" and "reacts" quicker than my human eyes, brain and feet. Not a substitute for keeping a safe distance, but given that other cars, cyclists and pedestrians can randomly do things right in front of your car, it's a brilliant extra safety feature to have.

In terms of testing, you could try the cardboard boxes at human height in an empty car park and see if that works. I've never wanted to test it myself, I'm just happy knowing it's there. Let us know how you get on!

@seekay Do you have Distronic Plus? I thought Pre-Safe (AEB in MB language) only comes on cars with adaptive cruise because it needs the radar sensor behind the front star sign as well as the stereo camera in the windscreen?

If you do have distronic plus, then unless you have an error message on the dash saying Pre-safe function limited (or something like that) then it's working fine. I have Distronic Plus, wouldn't buy a MB without it.

Pre-Safe has only operated twice in my 3 years of driving the C350e, and it's rather amazing at how the car "sees" and "reacts" quicker than my human eyes, brain and feet. Not a substitute for keeping a safe distance, but given that other cars, cyclists and pedestrians can randomly do things right in front of your car, it's a brilliant extra safety feature to have.

In terms of testing, you could try the cardboard boxes at human height in an empty car park and see if that works. I've never wanted to test it myself, I'm just happy knowing it's there. Let us know how you get on!
No, I don't have distronic plus but have Collision Prevention Assist Plus, which beyond the visual and audio alert also includes autonomous emergency braking. I'll try the cardboard trick or get some large inflatable Xmas toy and put in the middle of the road. 😆

No, I don't have distronic plus but have Collision Prevention Assist Plus, which beyond the visual and audio alert also includes autonomous emergency braking. I'll try the cardboard trick or get some large inflatable Xmas toy and put in the middle of the road. 😆
@seekay Ah interesting. Just did a bit of research and you're right about Collision Prevention Assist Plus. The only advantage of pre-safe on mine is that it would also tighten the seatbelts, move the seats to a safer position, and close the windows and sunroof to reduce the impact of any collision, if there was no way it could be avoided, even with autonomous braking.

Was explaining your dilemma to my daughter and she suggests you make a scarecrow for your experiment. You will need lots of straw and some old clothes 🤠...

Mine activated once and frightened the bejeebers out of me. A van turned left in front of me and slowed dramatically half way through his turn. My car did the usual red light and beep warning but then stopped dead with no input from me. That's the only time it actually stopped. The red light and beep can be activated by telephone boxes, garden gates, stray cats and other random things it thinks are getting too close.

Hey guys,

New owner (3 days) to a C350E. Beautiful car. I'm still finding lots of cool things on the car (The app just cost me £180 in extras).

I wondered if anyone has any tips for a beginner on what to look for?

I have a C350E Sport - I'm aiming for the AMG look in bumpers.. .The rear for a C350E is so hard to find due to the charger hole.

Hey anyway! I'm looking forward to crawling through what you all have as your rides etc.

Edit:

One thing I was wondering - how do I get Live Traffic Information going? Mercedes Me doesn't really help try to find it?
Hi, I'm a new owner as well, same model 2017. To get the live traffic announcements, looks like we need to pay for it. haven't been through the process yet, Will need to get it I think, Was stuck in traffic for ages yesterday. I have just ordered a new android screen that will hopefully replace the small screen in the car and connect with car play and Android auto and have built in google maps and waze.

Found the towing hook in the boot under the parcel shelf, and found the two handles roughly in the same space to drop the rear seats.

Hi, I'm a new owner as well, same model 2017. To get the live traffic announcements, looks like we need to pay for it. haven't been through the process yet, Will need to get it I think, Was stuck in traffic for ages yesterday. I have just ordered a new android screen that will hopefully replace the small screen in the car and connect with car play and Android auto and have built in google maps and waze.

Found the towing hook in the boot under the parcel shelf, and found the two handles roughly in the same space to drop the rear seats.
@MuhammedButt Welcome. Would it not be easier (and free) just to use your smartphone for google maps/waze? That's what I do, I used the MB sat nav once, and then just used my phone from then on.

@MuhammedButt Welcome. Would it not be easier (and free) just to use your smartphone for google maps/waze? That's what I do, I used the MB sat nav once, and then just used my phone from then on.
it would be and is easier to use the phone but trying to find a phone holder that can fit on the dashboard is proving difficult, have bought a few different holders but they just don't hit the mark, would be grateful for any suggestions. The sat Nav in the car is not brilliant, hence trying to use the phone and upgrading the screen.

When it had live traffic info, I found the NAV on mine to be a total blithering idiot, it literally drove me in circles on more than one occasion. It was also fond of utterly pointless diversions that took longer than staying on the busy road it had just directed me off of. It’s (slightly) better now that the live traffic has expired.

Given a choice, I’d use Google Maps or Waze. If I used the car more I’d probably fit a Carplay adapter Or one of the range of aftermarket screens.

it would be and is easier to use the phone but trying to find a phone holder that can fit on the dashboard is proving difficult, have bought a few different holders but they just don't hit the mark, would be grateful for any suggestions. The sat Nav in the car is not brilliant, hence trying to use the phone and upgrading the screen.
@MuhammedButt Understood.

I have used two different types of phone mounts in my C class, and I have found they work well for me.

I didn't want a mount that impairs my view out of the windscreen or interferes with my ability to use the stalks on the steering column. When I used the CD slot mount, then I would keep it in the centre console and only put it in if I was needing to use the phone for sat nav. I now use the cup holder mount as I have a folding phone that is like a mini tablet when unfolded, and I can angle the mount towards me as the driver.

CD slot phone mount

Cup holder phone mount

T
@MuhammedButt Understood.

I have used two different types of phone mounts in my C class, and I have found they work well for me.

I didn't want a mount that impairs my view out of the windscreen or interferes with my ability to use the stalks on the steering column. When I used the CD slot mount, then I would keep it in the centre console and only put it in if I was needing to use the phone for sat nav. I now use the cup holder mount as I have a folding phone that is like a mini tablet when unfolded, and I can angle the mount towards me as the driver.

CD slot phone mount

Cup holder phone thanks. The cup holder one looks good.

I've started the car (2017 C350E sport estate) a few times today and, each time, got the following error message: "collision prevention assist plus inoperative". I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what sensors the system uses and where they are hidden. I've sprayed the front of the car with a water hose but would like to try some directed squirting before ringing MB and opening the bank account.

I have just ordered a new android screen that will hopefully replace the small screen in the car and connect with car play and Android auto and have built in google maps and waze.
I'd be interested to know which device you've ordered and how it works with Android Auto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom