Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Metallic Palladium silver

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Metallic Tenorite grey

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Solid black or white

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deane x

Car
C350e S205 2016
I am intrested to know what colour C350e you have ordered , as I spent lots of time trying to decide ,I was going to have black metallic but have gone for brilliant blue as there is loads of c classes in black on the road , but looking on here it seems lots have gone for the brilliant blue . I would like to see which colour is most popular

Started by choosing cavansite blue, but after seeing a few on the road, changed to brilliant blue as only seen one of those over past few months and it looked good. I test drove the c300 hybrid in the metallic black which looked too much like my current car which needs lots of washing. I couldnt find any local dealers at the time which had the blues in stock to see them in the flesh so it was a blind selection at the time.

Mine is Brilliant Blue with the beige leather interior. I think it will look stunning. Took no time at all to decide it was the colour for my wife and I and we still haven't seen it in the metal :)

I think when the 350e starts to flood on to our shores we're going to identify them pretty much by colour. Brilliant Blue seems very popular indeed.

I went for Cavansite Blue with a black interior ... but now thinking of changing it to Hyacinth red.

But concerned it may had an adverse effect to my order as it only takes one jobsworth in the chain of people to screw everything up.

Brilliant Blue with black leather and counting down the days!

Seen an estate in BB and it looked lovely.

I went for Cavansite Blue with a black interior ... but now thinking of changing it to Hyacinth red.

But concerned it may had an adverse effect to my order as it only takes one jobsworth in the chain of people to screw everything up.

"FREEZE POINT"

Key phrase that. If your order has passed the freeze point then Mercedes will not accept a change of any type. Before then you would be able to change without any impact on scheduled delivery date.

Ask your dealer to go online and produce the information. It will appear something like thisDescription

: C 350 e Saloon

VIN Number

:

Engine Number

:

National Type

: 20504720-GB0

Current Location

: Factory

BIN

:

Vehicle Usage

: Sold - Dealer Normal Business

Option Freeze Date

: 24.08.2015

Baumuster Freeze Date

: 25.06.2015

Requested Production Date

: 11.09.2015

Expected Delivery Date 2

: 01.10.2015

Expected Delivery Date at Port

: 24.09.2015

Vehicle Financial Status

As you can see I have just 5 days remaining to affect a change :)

:

Last edited:
And I have only 6 days remaining before option freeze date, 25.08.2015.

No way would I change anything now just in case but presume MB wouldn't actually run out of paint :)

Although if they are painting batches to avoid cleaning equipment etc then you could see that given red is more expensive and presumably rarer it might have some impact.

With an expected delivery date of October 2015, when did you order your car? I ordered my C350e on the 30/03/15 and my lease company is estimating early December.

With an expected delivery date of October 2015, when did you order your car? I ordered my C350e on the 30/03/15 and my lease company is estimating early December.

My order was accepted on the 10th April. I do think that corporate sales, large discounts, will not ordinarily be given the highest priority within a dealership.

Welcome to the club .another March order due in Dec after slipping

I know, I am hoping they might get it to me when they originally said (Oct) but not holding my breath. Keep us posted on any developments and I will do the same.

Vehicle Usage

: Sold - Dealer Normal Business

In relation to delivery I wonder if the above note has any significance ?

Mine was ordered on lease at end of April with estimated delivery of end October which has been same up until this week when now changed to start of Jan 16. Not happy.

Mine was ordered on lease at end of April with estimated delivery of end October which has been same up until this week when now changed to start of Jan 16. Not happy.

I am sorry to read that and can understand your disappointment.
Every time I read such reports I wonder if I should anticipate a similar communication from my dealer.
Then I go back to my thinking that commercial sales, i. e, leasing companies , "drivethedeal" and similar sellers only exist because dealerships choose to sacrifice margin and probably rely on a volume overide to turn a profit but at this time it may be difficult.
Consequently any dealer making their allocation available to such schemes when the demand for the 350e from buyers willing to pay full retail is in my view crazy.

I am sorry to read that and can understand your disappointment.
Every time I read such reports I wonder if I should anticipate a similar communication from my dealer.
Then I go back to my thinking that commercial sales, i. e, leasing companies , "drivethedeal" and similar sellers only exist because dealerships choose to sacrifice margin and probably rely on a volume overide to turn a profit but at this time it may be difficult.
Consequently any dealer making their allocation available to such schemes when the demand for the 350e from buyers willing to pay full retail is in my view crazy.

I'm not sure of your logic behind being second rate through leasing etc. A lot of the leasing company's I've used, have been the manufacturer endorsed companies. On one occasion where there was a potentially long delivery time, a car was sourced and offered to me with a slightly different spec (better in fact with bespoke leather added at no cost) I can also get a Golf GTD/R or GTE within a fortnight if I choose.

I'm not sure of your logic behind being second rate through leasing etc. A lot of the leasing company's I've used, have been the manufacturer endorsed companies. On one occasion where there was a potentially long delivery time, a car was sourced and offered to me with a slightly different spec (better in fact with bespoke leather added at no cost) I can also get a Golf GTD/R or GTE within a fortnight if I choose.
My thoughts too in fact why would one buy a C350e there going to lose so much money ..leasing this car has got to be the most cost-effective way ,I remember reading a article in the telegraph "I think" about leasing over buying on this car

And I am at a loss to know why you have understood my comments to be about the merits of buying as opposed to leasing the 350e ?

Solid White Estate, ordered mid June, confirmed build slot, delivery to dealer late January. Company car, no options (rep special!?) I've already had to pay towards costs to get the Estate (for the extra potential capacity) so couldn't justify paying more for options or metallic.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom