C350e real world mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt.petch

Car
Bmw
Hi All,

Had my C3503 delivered a few days ago, currently can only charge at work and have 20 mile trip from home to work. Trip home (when 100% charged) getting 70+ mpg but coming back-in in the morning getting under 35mpg currently - and that is driving with a very light right foot. Mixture of built-up area and motorway driving.

What are others finding?

I have had mine for 3 weeks and done 1000 miles - mostly motorway and weekend tootling about.

Average mpg is 42, although i take a fuel card and drive it quite hard.

Its an amazing piece of technology.

Interesting data from the fuelly website on real world mpg of one C350e owner, currently completed 1484 miles at an average mpg of 40.6. It will be interesting to see how this develops over time, of which I have plenty as my C350e estate has been ordered to replace my current car when lease ends mid June 2016.
C350e (Mercedes-Benz C350e Plug-In Hybrid) | Fuelly

This mpg is a bit worrying for a so-called eco car. My E coupe 250cdi has managed a shade under a true 50mpg in its 41000 miles. If I had sold mine and bought a hybrid, I would be mortified at the worse consumption!

Make of this what you will. I haven't come to a firm view yet about the mpg numbers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 215
I wrote this in the Club thread :

I think it is difficult to discover the pure electric range. My car was fully charged this morning and I travelled about 10 miles and then the ICE kicked in. Now I don't think that it ends there because I traveled on for another 8 miles or so and what I noticed was that the Rev counter was at zero for most of that time. It was noticeable that the engine was being used only to get the car up an incline and the moment it was not required the car was back on electric. I was struck by this because it appeared to me that the Rev counter was more often at zero than operating. I thought that I might have to set up a video camera to view the Rev counter whilst travelling in order to get a better sense of what is actually being achieved. It may be that it is better than I have been thinking.

That earlier link to the Fuelly site is for my car :) I'll be filling up again before the weekend so hopefully the mpg will climb a little more.

I'm charging my car up almost daily at work, I have a 3 mile commute at the moment with most of my mileage adding up on the weekends. My commute changes to 12 miles from January and I can charge at home and work, so I'm hoping to be doing most of my mileage on electric only :)

Just did a fill up, 45.6mpg on my last tank and the trip computer was completely accurate which surprised me!

I drive a Lexus CT200h at the moment and have got about 46mpg average over 56,000 miles. Some guys at the office comment how their diesels get more but you need to consider the profile of the mileage. On clear motorways diesels will win hands down. But, in stop start traffic / sub-urban / urban I still get 45mpg.

I expect the C350e will be similar. If you are a high mileage drive on the motorway all the time and have an issue with mpg - don't get one! Suburbia or city... C350e all the way. (Least that's what I reckon :))

Oh - temperature definitely effects the CT200h mpg. Probably about 10% swing summer to winter.

First 1000 miles and I have 42mpg, thats with charging at least once a day!

I love mine, it's only returning 37 mpg but in the 800 miles I've done since I've taken possession I am finding it difficult not to take advantage of the awesomely silky acceleration, puts a smile on my face every time.

I also charge at home every day and pre heat etc.

I'm guessing if you really purchased a C350e for fuel economy you'd be sorely disappointed unless the battery is going to provide for the majority of your journey.

If you wanted a vehicle with the power to put that smile on your face and wanted to be surrounded by gadgets galore and have the power to astound your colleagues with low BiK levels that would make them green with envy then the C350e is perfect.

I'm going to drive to Sheffield tomorrow from the West Midlands and will try and be more frugal, no more than 77 on the motorway to see what I can achieve.

I must be well out of touch with MPG these days I would have thought 40mpg is exceptional.

My Audi SQ5 sits in the 40-50 range driven normally (moving on swiftly) and gentle motorway cruise more.

I have had my c350 since Monday.
Driving like Miss Daisy to work and I am getting 10-11 miles on a charge (including have the pre-climate sorted).
26 mile round trip and am getting about 38mpg.
People in the office are laughing as a 3 series is giving 60mpg. hope it gets better!!

I've done approaching 500 miles, used about £40 of petrol in that time.
Average MPG is 57.6.

Couldn't be happier. Perfect for my needs.

I am happy to accept a not very great MPG on long motorway journeys, it's a performance car after all, but for the bulk of my motoring- it's spot on.

I'm a company car driver too, so factor in the tax savings and I'm definitely better off and with a high end car to show for it.

Feeling quite smug about my 31mpg trip in the 63 the other day :)

Average MPG is 57.6.

I am happy to accept a not very great MPG on long motorway journeys, it's a performance car after all, but for the bulk of my motoring- it's spot on.

I'm a company car driver too, so factor in the tax savings and I'm definitely better off and with a high end car to show for it.

You've hit the nail on the head it's all about BIK

You just need to be realistic to know (and I think most people do, really, anyone who doesn't is fooling themselves) that the quoted MPG figures are way off what most drivers are likely to get.
I use the word "most" intentionally, for some they may well get 130+mpg, I do- for my commute, but not if I go further afield.

So you need to factor in all the variables. BIK, performance, equipment levels, petrol prices (remember they're lower than diesel, normally)- and work out if it's right for you.

I have now done 3,350 miles since collecting the car early September. To date I have now spent just £225 (give or take), averaging 78mpg. Very happy with that.
My commute is 18miles each way and I charge up at both ends, typically getting 14miles on electric. I haven't calculated the electric cost yet, though my monthly electric bill at the office has only gone up by £15.

Are your quoted figures based on the trip computer??

Average MPG is 57.6.

On my current tank of fuel I have covered about 300 miles and am showing 45mpg. One of my journeys was 180 mile roundtrip to Portsmouth.
This morning I managed my 13 mile drive to work with only using fuel for the last 500 yards!!

I love the car, but still cannot work out why when the battery shows 100% it is not showing a range of 19 miles.

I have now done 3,350 miles since collecting the car early September. To date I have now spent just £225 (give or take), averaging 78mpg. Very happy with that.
My commute is 18miles each way and I charge up at both ends, typically getting 14miles on electric. I haven't calculated the electric cost yet, though my monthly electric bill at the office has only gone up by £15.

I would love to know how you are doing 78.
Appreicate that you are charging twice a day, but how are you getting 14 miles?? what does your range show when on full charge?
Have you got any tips on extending the range (I drive full electric until it changes over to petrol). I pre climate the car, but I am wondering how much the lights affect the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom