C350e vs the rest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thewinelake

Car
Skoda Superb MkIII (Hatchback SE Business)
Having done quite a lot of investigation on plug-ins, I must confess to being a little confused.

Essentially what I don't get is why the street price of the C350e is really so low compared to the competition (or maybe why the street price of the competition is so high?).

I'm thinking here about estates, and things like the Kia and Passat - both of which are more expensive (estimated, in the case of the Kia) than the Merc.

I've not really looked much at the BMW (perhaps the most obvious competitor) and if Audi were to bring out an A4 avant e-tron, that might be worth a look. Maybe the Golf GTE is another option, but it's not much cheaper and I don't much like Golfs!

Bizarrely, one of the most interesting options that's come up as an alternative is the Vauxhall Ampera (used, obviously) - it's a lot cheaper, due to it being discontinued (and, most likely, the fact that it's a Vauxhall).

Some of these other cars seem pretty good (and are more spacious), but in terms of luxury levels and comfort, I don't think they can touch the Merc.

What's going on? Have I made some critical error in my analysis here? Or have I become assimilated by the MB worshippers club and am suffering from halo-effect?

Similar price to VW Passat. I know which I'd rather have :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom