C36 AMG Alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash_2009

Car
C36 AMG, Past W124 E220 Convertible
Hello All,

I have a issue with my alarm going off randomly especially in the night which is becoming a pain. I wanted to know where the alarm is located on these cars. I have tried to read around and it says front passengers side under wheel arch, after removing the plastic lining. I have done that and I think I can see the car horn (towards the front) and possibly the alarm in a black casing which I cant seem to get to. Does anyone know how to access this alarm (if it is indeed the alarm) so that I can have a look at it. Does anyone also have a part number for a replacement alarm I managed to get A2198203226 but I dont know if this would fit the same car.

Car is 1995 C36 AMG (UK Spec)

Thanks

It will probably be a Cobra or Scorpion system. No parts available for them anymore. They were a retro fit at dealer back in those days. The box can be anywhere, it all depends where the tech decided to put it. Most are under the passenger kick plate. Remove all of it and throw it away, they cause so many issues.

Hello Black,

So I think I have found where the tech has placed it. Getting to it is a long job. And if you say you cant buy any replacement parts then I am going to have to look at getting an after market one fitted. Bugger!!! I thought I had it when I found part number A2198203226.

Just in case do you have a picture of what it looks like to make sure I am looking at the right thing. I have just been tracing with the sound so far. Whats the best way to remove/disconnect it totally??

Thanks for the help

Trace it all back by following the wiring loom.

I actually use an alarm fitter to do this for me. He used to fit alarms in the 80's and 90's and knows them inside out. He will also fit a modern alarm system while he is there.

Any recommendations please?

Both to be honest and I am based in west london thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom