C36 amg cover plate on engine block

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dalzielboy

Car
SL500, C36, CL500, 280se3.5 cab
have aquired a 1995 C36 , but noticed the coverplate on engine block does not have an AMG logo , is that normal , or has it been replaced?

Hi there, im sure it should have an amg logo on the cover plate. Are you definitely sure its a c36 amg?

The c36 amg was a c280 elegance from factory and taken from the production line to amg to be converted etc etc.

Maybe this one did not have a amg cover-plate. Someone else with more info may be of more help.

Should look like this:

1.jpg

Note the 3.6 on the black plastic aswell (not all had that though)

yeh no amg on cover plate ( which is black) and no c 36 on black plastic , but it looks new and has been replaced for sure. Did these engines ever blow and get replaced ...??? I engine no distinctive to AMG ??

yeh no amg on cover plate ( which is black) and no c 36 on black plastic , but it looks new and has been replaced for sure. Did these engines ever blow and get replaced ...??? I engine no distinctive to AMG ??
The early cars did not have the 3.6 on the plastic.The best way to see check is,if you drive a c280.You should feel a huge difference

Also, the later c36`s have a slightly different looking AMG logo, but albeit do have an AMG logo. The black paint does flake.

If those items were damaged you can bet the standard 280 covers and pipework were a LOT cheaper than the AMG ones to replace. Back then quite a lot of parts were bespoke. From the C43 onwards almost all items were "factory".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom