c36 front spring snapped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmanrangers

Car
c36 amg,2.3 16v 190e x2, 1968 280s, 312 sprinter
as above my c36 has a snapped spring on passenger side. does anyone have one lying around i could buy please?
thanks
gary

can anyone tell me if c43 and c36 springs are the same?

Hi,
No they are not the same, the springs are specced to the chassis according to model, and spec. personally I would only buy a replacement spring from MB I also would not just be buying one but a pair for the front, as the existing intact spring will be tired and it has done the same mileage as the snapped one afterall. I bought a set of springs for my C43 from the dealer a couple of years ago now and they were just over £50 ea.

Get it done at an Indie as the normal spring compressors aren't up to it, also the fitting that holds it together requires a special tool

Last edited:
Get it done at an Indie as the normal spring compressors aren't up to iy, also the fitting that holds it together requires a special tool

that could be a problem, the car seamed fine on all 4 wheels. when i jacked car up to wax oil underneath i heard i go then. spring has moved so i am unable to drop it back down.
car is jacked up in my garage at home

can anyone sell me a spring for this. need one asap to get it mobile again. going to replace all four in summer so anything will do for now.

See the lads at Star, they might be able to sort something out for you.

Hi,
For info any c class 202 or ClK 208 front spring will fit your car, just to get it off of the jack but like others have said you will struggle without the proper spring compressor.

Hi,
For info any c class 202 or ClK 208 front spring will fit your car, just to get it off of the jack but like others have said you will struggle without the proper spring compressor.

i need a spring in place so if i get someone to do it then it is here for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom