C36 non starter - Failed headgasket ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any update to this ?. I have not done any further investigation on mine as the car was parked up for winter.

Im gonna borrow this thread due to also assemblying my c36 after failed to put back the chain tensioner the last time and caused my inlet camshaft to snapped in two pieces. And now everything has to be right. As you understand i have nothing to go on when im gonna set the timing sinc the linlet camshaft and exhaust might have turned before the engine stopped so now i have nothing to work with. But for the exhaust it is just to set the crankshaft pulley to O/T and the exhaust camshaft using the dowel hole marked with a U with 4mm drillbit leaning on the cylinder head right ?

What is this retarded setting on the inlet sprocket? When im standing in front of the engine and looking towards it. Which way should i turned the sprocket to set in retarded mode?

And How much above or below the cylinderhead should the camsprocket 4mm drillbit hole be at
Can the uploaded pictures be right for the O/T settings?

Attachments

• B817CA0A-5E31-482B-B363-25DA08DCD3C5.jpeg
    B817CA0A-5E31-482B-B363-25DA08DCD3C5.jpeg
    735.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 4741F77B-196E-4FC9-B0A5-EC9461BB63D0.jpeg
    4741F77B-196E-4FC9-B0A5-EC9461BB63D0.jpeg
    769.5 KB · Views: 6
I am fairly sure if you approach MB they may well give you access to the workshop information system if you pay a fee. In the WIS should be what you are looking for and an awful lot more...

I am fairly sure if you approach MB they may well give you access to the workshop information system if you pay a fee. In the WIS should be what you are looking for and an awful lot more...

I actually went to the dealership and ask them but in WIS he couldnt find adjustment for 104 amg engines. Just the 104 and apparently its NOT the same settings. He then e-mailed Mercedes and got ahold some instructions on german which were we only covered that on OT
Intake camshaft 28 degree
Exhaust camshaft 20 degree and the exhaust camshaft was adjusted exactly like all 104 engines.

But what the hell does 28 degrees mean in this case? 28 degrees towards what?

I can't answer that for you now but have you then considered contacting AMG directly...??

I can't answer that for you now but have you then considered contacting AMG directly...??
Nop because i don't have their mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom