C36 - thinking may be worth a punt!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon1966

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
219 Vito Sport Crew Van
Shame it’s not closer to me as I’d like to see it. Looks decent, sounds genuine and nice spec.

The alignment on that front bumper is dreadful.

The alignment on that front bumper is dreadful.

Yes it looks a bit out, but they often seem to be a bit like that. I’ve only viewed on my phone so not the best. Hard to tell without a close up look at it. I’ve contacted seller for more info and pics.

Yes it looks a bit out, but they often seem to be a bit like that. I’ve only viewed on my phone so not the best. Hard to tell without a close up look at it. I’ve contacted seller for more info and pics.
Looks to me like the front wings could have been replaced (which is good) but someone may have neglected to attach the wing to the bumper on both sides. There are supposed to be joined together by one bolt. You can see this on this replacement wing.

Bit of haggle room for that i would say. Lovely looking car.

I did see that one listed. LPG conversion puts me off though, maybe it shouldn’t!? I’d rather a standard car. I really like the 4 seat option on the car I listed. Makes the interior look great, even though not as practical
I’d rip the LPG out personally, it’s sacrilege having it in an AMG.

Yes, I like the one you’ve linked, the 4 seat option is very desirable in my eyes too.

It does look a good car; it’s the rust you’ve got to look out for more than anything, I absolutely loved mine (still do now) and am happy knowing it’s in Terry’s ownership.

I did see that one listed. LPG conversion puts me off though, maybe it shouldn’t!? I’d rather a standard car. I really like the 4 seat option on the car I listed. Makes the interior look great, even though not as practical

That lpg one is pretty close to me though, so maybe I should make contact. Thing is there are a few cars that appeal to me and I’m not wanting to spend a big chunk atm. C36 is on the list as you know and the one I posted is about right budget, but I have others that I’d put above it, mainly because I prefer boxier 80’s designs. I know it’s a swear word, but classic Saab 900 aero turbo tops my list followed by a W124 coupe sportline and 190e 2.6 sportline. The Saab’s are getting out of reach.

Shame it’s not closer to me as I’d like to see it. Looks decent, sounds genuine and nice spec.

Seller, just came back to me. Looks like it’s provisionally sold.

Have you driven a C36?
Only as a passenger. Have to say I preferred it the the 43. Loved the straight 6 engine note and it seemed a bit more urgent and keen to be driven compared to the 43. I’ve driven a couple C43’s.

Only as a passenger. Have to say I preferred it the the 43. Loved the straight 6 engine note and it seemed a bit more urgent and keen to be driven compared to the 43. I’ve driven a couple C43’s.
Having said that I’m not too fussed really by performance, I just do not want a snail.

Completely different beasts; I’d take a C36 over a C43 any day of the week and I think the one big draw of the C43 - it’s exhaust note - is given a good run by that sweet IL6.

I sent you a link to that slim the day it was advertised, you snooze ya lose ; 0 )

I know mate. Not sure I’ve lost though, as wasn’t totally sold on the idea. Looks a good spec though and that was appealing as I really like the 4 seat option. If it had been closer and I had time to go and see it, may h e been different. I’m in no rush for a car and will just see what comes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom