C43/55 for sale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nb_racing

Car
Golf TDi 170 commuter daily hack.
For sale:

1998 'R' Mercedes C43 AMG with 55 engine conversion. (I believe one of 6 known within the MBClub forum)

106,000 miles

6 months tax

MOT 15.6.13

This is a 1998 C43 AMG, with a professional engine conversion using a W210 E55 engine.

The engine conversion gives the car serious performance. With a conservative estimate of 360bhp, at Bruntingthorpe recently it record a time of 4.9s to 60mph and a top speed of 160.0mph on a race logic Vbox. It must be one of the ultimate Q cars, especially with no badges.

To compliment the distinctive and deep V8 throb, the car has had the secondary catalytic converters removed. The noise is epic, but is not loud or boomy. It sounds how many would like to hear a performance car from the factory! It is worth noting that these models have 4 cats, 2 per bank. This is to meet stingent American emissions limits. However, as I can personally confirm, it still passes the UK MOT emissions test with no problem. I used a regular, reputable garage for the MOT and had no problem at all.

The car has a good spec including:
xenon headlights (factory);
climate control;
electric, heated, authopedic front seats;
full black leather;
fold in door mirrors;
standard 17" AMG wheels;
AMG spare wheel;
after market JVC DAB radio and CD player.

In addition, the car has been mildly modified with the following:
painted black front grill;
AMG flat bonnet badge;
painted black boot star;
C43 and AMG badges removed;
LED front side lights;
LED number plate lights;
LED door puddle lights;
silver front and side repeater indicator bulbs;
areo-wiper blade;
Di-Noc carbon vinyl interior trim.

The car has passed its last MOT, only requiring an exhaust bracket and headlight adjustment, and advisories on all 4 tyres. I have fitted new Falken FK452's.

The car has, in its recent life, had a significant amount of work professionally carried out, including, but not limited to:
front lower suspension arm bushes;
front lower ball joints;
rear trunion bushes;
blower motor;
rear door control units;
water pump;
V belt;
rocker cover gaskets;
engine mounts;
gearbox mount;
air mass meter;
starter motor;
spark plugs (2 per cylinder);
battery;
new front wings;
new rear arches;
replacement boot lid;
H&R lowering springs;
wheel refurbishment.

The car did not have a service book with it when I purchased it. However, it does come with the peace of mind of having been owned and looked after regardless of cost by Prestige Car Service (PCS), Horndean, Hampshire. Every service item has been carried out during PCS' ownership, including gearbox oil and filter, diff oil and sparkplugs. I will buy a service book for the car and it will have a service by PCS before being sold.

In addition the car is recorded as a category C write off. Again, having bought the car from PCS, this is not a concern for me.

This is a great car in good condition. Everything works and nothing needs immediate attention. It drives faultlessly, the engine is sublime, and the gearbox seamless. The interior is pretty much spotless and has genuine AMG floor mats. The front of the car does have stone chips as you'd expect from a car of 14 years old. The rest of the bodywork is generally good.

It is a regretable sale as I've not owned it for very long. However the fuel bills are not insignificant and as my only car I can't justify the cost of running it for too much longer. That said, I am in no hurry to sell it and still love every journey in it (despite the fuel costs!).

Car located in Banbury, OX15. Test drive only with insurance certificate.

£5995

Photos

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 240
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 240
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 232
More photos

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 226
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 227
  • photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 227
And.. (the radio surround is refitted now..)

Attachments

• photo 7.JPG
    photo 7.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 229
  • photo 8.JPG
    photo 8.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 234
  • photo 9.JPG
    photo 9.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 232

Users who are viewing this thread

Back