C43 AMG 2018 Coupe - Retro Fit Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickMoody

Car
C220d AMG
Hi there

I am currently looking at purchasing a C43 AMG. I have seen a black coupe which I like the look of. It’s Premium so has elec memory seats etc. Not the Premium Plus which I ideally wanted. Also no Night package which again I ideally would like. To that end was wondering if the night package can be retro fitted? By the looks of it as the car is black, it would be the two diffusers on front and back bumper???

As part of buying negotiations would a dealer fit this ???

Also are there any other Premium Plus retro fits that can be conducted, e.g. unrated speakers

thanks in advance
Nick

Hi there

I am currently looking at purchasing a C43 AMG. I have seen a black coupe which I like the look of. It’s Premium so has elec memory seats etc. Not the Premium Plus which I ideally wanted. Also no Night package which again I ideally would like. To that end was wondering if the night package can be retro fitted? By the looks of it as the car is black, it would be the two diffusers on front and back bumper???

As part of buying negotiations would a dealer fit this ???

Also are there any other Premium Plus retro fits that can be conducted, e.g. unrated speakers

thanks in advance
Nick
You could wrap the big which are not gloss black with gloss black vinyl.

Ok I see lol. Thanks. As I live in Cumbria in the back of beyond don’t think anywhere local would do that. Hence was wondering if dealer would replace the diffusers, I assume they bolt on ??

Possibly but knowing the prices of MB parts they will be mega money so dealer might be reluctant as they probably won’t get a massive reduction on the costs compared to retail.

I would wait and find one with the spec you want. There is plenty about, however its a good bargaining chip as a lot of poverty spec C43's were churned out as lease specials to keep them at a certain PID tax point, and they are starting to come on the used market. Haggle hard if you have your heart set on this car.

Retro fit anything is expensive, when you sell it on buyers may look at the build sheet which will still show the cars standard spec and its money you won't see back either. Of course, if you want the individuality then go ahead.

A lot of wrapping and detailing places will wrap the trim for you better than OEM (the OEM gloss black doesn't react too well to poor quality cleaning products, it does stain without proper care). Manchester or Preston would be the best places to start looking for wrapping services, I know what the trek is like as I was born and grew up in Barrow until I was 16.....

Many thanks for the reply my fellow Barrovian lol. The price I believe is great £31,980 for a 2018 model with 15k on the clock. Has the led intelligent headlights and obsidian black metallic. Been for sale 2 months and has just moved to another Marshall garage. They say there is no haggling but would like to really test this out. If not in the price, getting the night package. Would be great to know exactly how it fits together to understand if it can be retro fitted. Alternatively if they could 19” wheels in the deal that would be great. Just want something out of the deal lol. Here is a picture ....

Attachments

• 3D96B5AC-6278-40B0-80A9-670955AE746E.jpeg
    3D96B5AC-6278-40B0-80A9-670955AE746E.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 16
Many thanks for the reply my fellow Barrovian lol. The price I believe is great £31,980 for a 2018 model with 15k on the clock. Has the led intelligent headlights and obsidian black metallic. Been for sale 2 months and has just moved to another Marshall garage. They say there is no haggling but would like to really test this out. If not in the price, getting the night package. Would be great to know exactly how it fits together to understand if it can be retro fitted. Alternatively if they could 19” wheels in the deal that would be great. Just want something out of the deal lol. Here is a picture ....

Marshall’s eh? 🤔

Check for welded Alloys. 😁

On non-AMG cars, Plus means COMAND, but possibly on AMG cars they all come with COMAND?

If not, then assuming the car is pre-facelift, you can retrofit COMAND NTG5*2, talk to www.comandonline.co.uk.

I have had a long running relationship with (Ciceley) Mercedes Preston (now Marshalls), My GT63 is the most recent purchase from them. I have only had positive experience with them.

I'm also willing to stand corrected, but that car appears to have the optional night pack wheels already. The OEM 19" wheels are about 800 quid a corner so its unlikely you will crow bar a set of them into the deal. The night pack includes rear privacy glass as well.

That one appears to have premium pack, as it has memory seats and it says pano roof (which I cant really see). Without premium plus you are missing full comand on line (the Garmin Based GPS is standard), the pano roof and the Burmester sound system. I think the 43 also had 360 camera in premium plus pack. Intelligent lights was always a stand alone option. That one does have the optional switchable sports exhaust though.

It could be that its a none package optioned car also, the spec is weird, having everything except comand and burmester and 360 camera is beyond me, its about 2.5k more for those options on new price.

For 2k more there is a black Premium Plus Motoarena in Halifax with the night pack and only 8k miles, it just doesn't have intelligent lights.

Night pack has black exhaust tips as well, the OEM items are pretty expensive.

Thanks for all the responses thus far, much appreciated. I can confirm the car is Premium. It has elec sun roof, elec memory seats, performance exhaust (standard on c43 AMG),.

the car in Halifax looks like exactly how I would have it but I do not benefit from a 12 month warranty, Marshall’s are transporting up to my local Marshall’s for test drive / to seal the deal.

Thanks for the replies thus far. For confirmation I have had another look at the spec sheet etc and it has the following
Obsidian Black Metallic
Premium Pack (elec mem seats, keyless go etc)
Pano sun roof
Led intelligent light system

I’m probably being picky but I think the 19” wheels look better (although unsure on ride quality) and the night package just looks better
In my opinion

Marshall’s are transporting up to my local Marshall’s for test drive / to seal the deal.
That ^ has just raised my blood pressure!

I bought a car from Marshalls in Southampton. They didn’t even mention there was an option to transport the car to a local branch so I could view/drive it before buying. Frustrating given there’s a Marshalls in Preston and South Lakes which is fairly close to me. 😑

Thanks for the replies thus far. For confirmation I have had another look at the spec sheet etc and it has the following
Obsidian Black Metallic
Premium Pack (elec mem seats, keyless go etc)
Pano sun roof
Led intelligent light system

I’m probably being picky but I think the 19” wheels look better (although unsure on ride quality) and the night package just looks better
In my opinion

I totally agree. ILS, Night Pack and 19’s are a must IMO. However, so is Premium Plus and the Black Ash Centre console trim as the black gloss seems to be a pest to keep clean and scratch free.

That ^ has just raised my blood pressure!

I bought a car from Marshalls in Southampton. They didn’t even mention there was an option to transport the car to a local branch so I could view/drive it before buying. Frustrating given there’s a Marshalls in Preston and South Lakes which is fairly close to me. 😑
I have to pay the deposit and basically commit to buying it

I have to pay the deposit and basically commit to buying it
So if you’re not happy with any aspect of the car do you get your deposit back or omis it on refundable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom