C43 AMG Chit Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
LOL. I was actually asking a genuine question as in "did AMG 'build'/design it?" (I didn't know for sure) but hey, looks like I've hit some nerves...which were obviously there to be hit. If you need to defend/justify your car that badly, you must have some doubt about it yourself.

Always good to meet a friendly bunch of "enthusiasts".

Chill..........whenever someone posts about their "43" AMG someone always pops up with "but its not a real AMG" or something along those lines. :cool:

Not quite sure how we've ended up here considering my original Post!! Anyway let's just clear the air by saying that everyone that owns a C43 knows its an AMG-Lite. Having said that it's certainly closer to the C63 than the rest of the engine range. My Post was just highlighting my experience of ownership 5 months down the line which I can say is very favourable. No doubt if I had bought a C63 I would be saying the same thing and those owners who have a C63s would be telling me that I am the poor relation in this partnership.... I wonder if certain comments would have been made if I had chosen the 'General Discussion' forum?

I think the wind noise is caused by all the extra space under the bonnet due to missing a couple of cylinders;)

It may not be a full fat/V8 AMG, but it does 0-62 in 4.7 secs (thats .1 of a sec slower than mine) :eek::eek::eek:

Worthy of the badge IMO.

I doubt you'd have much chance against a Focus RS 0-80mph. Not quite the point though heh.

I spotted a C200 with a whopping great AMG badge on the rear today, whilst plodding along on the M1

I directed him to this thread

Lot of negativity aimed towards the C43? Not entirely sure why?

Lot of negativity aimed towards the C43? Not entirely sure why?

The male ego, willy waving, I'm better than you? :dk:

Always makes me laugh. All on a MB forum discussing MB cars. Should all be happy to enthuse over each other's pride and joy whether it be a B Class or a GTS.

Last edited by a moderator:
How tuneable are they? i know 400bhp stock but what room for improvement is there?

You crack me up the way you say c63s drivers look down at regular c63 drivers. The only person I've ever seen even hint at that is you!

You crack me up the way you say c63s drivers look down at regular c63 drivers. The only person I've ever seen even hint at that is you!

Well not too sure about that as assume C63s owners feel that their new toy is better -in some way- than a standard C63 otherwise they wouldn't bother buying one. They may not say it but every C63s owner no doubt thinks it!!

Because people see "DRIVER200" and think "Ha, this is that guy who thinks he's got a C63 but better, this'll be fun". :thumb:

Going by your car I would be more concerned about what people thought of you -as this is an AMG related Post- and spend less time commenting on what other people might be thinking about me..... Incidentally what constructive input do you think you can offer-up on this particular Post, other than trying to read peoples' minds?:thumb:

Last edited:
Going by your car I would be more concerned about what people thought of you -as this is an AMG related Post- and spend less time commenting on what other people might be thinking about me..... Incidentally what constructive input do you think you can offer-up on this particular Post, other than trying to read peoples' minds?:thumb:

Forget what others say...steer the thread back to where you want it. Enjoying your car? Great...why? Comfort, handling, speed, space...?

Forget what others say...steer the thread back to where you want it. Enjoying your car? Great...why? Comfort, handling, speed, space...?

I agree.;) Now then let's go C63 baiting.... Only joking;)

Agreed, enjoy your C43 and let others worry about their own cars, I've driven a C63 on an AMG Experience and the 4.0 litre engine didn't impress me, I wish I had been in one of the E63's.

I think this hits the nail on the head with DRIVER200, he worries about what everyone else thinks more than just going out and enjoying his car. I'm sure everyone sees your car and thinks it's awesome, I know I do when I see a c43. Very few, if any, will think, well he can't afford a c63. Just like I'm sure no one thinks I can't afford a c63s, they just give me thumbs up and want me to rev the car for them.

I think this hits the nail on the head with DRIVER200, he worries about what everyone else thinks more than just going out and enjoying his car. I'm sure everyone sees your car and thinks it's awesome, I know I do when I see a c43. Very few, if any, will think, well he can't afford a c63. Just like I'm sure no one thinks I can't afford a c63s, they just give me thumbs up and want me to rev the car for them.

Try reading my original Post which doesn't say anything about the C63!!! It was all about the first 5 months of ownership of my car!! Why is everyone trying to inject C63 related issues into a Post that never mentioned them in the first place!! :crazy:

DRIVER200 said:
Try reading my original Post which doesn't say anything about the C63!!! It was all about the first 5 months of ownership of my car!! Why is everyone trying to inject C63 related issues into a Post that never mentioned them in the first place!! :crazy:

I think because mud sticks

I think because mud sticks

Pity the mud has to be chucked every time I post something. Guess that's how some small minded people satisfy their craving.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom