C43 amg clifford alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amg3.6

Car
C55 Amg White W202
Hi guys i have a clifford concept 650 mkll alarm on my C43 im wanting to put my remote start on the car, has anyone had this done to the c43 or any w202 c class with the chip lazer key your help is appreicated

Last edited:
Hi,
You won,t be able to wire remote start to this vehicle, or indeed any MB with the DAS system as the key has to be in place, i.e. in the ignition switch before the immobiliser will deactivated.
Though if anyone knows a way, i,m more than happy to be proven wrong.

You can do it on all cars. Any approved alarm fitter can do this.

When you remote start, only the engine turns on, not the electrics.
They only activate when you unlock the already running car and put the key in the ignition and twist it.
Only then will you be able to drive the car.

I currently have this on my car :)

If thats an old e500 it is a completely different set up from the newer cars ie the ign key jobby.

The ecu will need to see the key be happy its the right one which will then tell the starter to turn and start the engine and i bet theres a few other ecu involved as well.

Iirc my old disco was key in ign, chip in key read, alarm ecu then told body control module to wake up and switch on the dash lights,which then told engine ecu to wake up and start the engine and i would say late 210 and 202 are the same.

Lynall

Last edited:
Cheers for this - defrosting cars is a real pain eh? :D

Was thinking about investigating for mine but didn't think it'd work with the transponder.

Aren't remote starters in a grey area of the law? i.e. you shouldn't leave a motor vehicle running unattended.

Aren't remote starters in a grey area of the law? i.e. you shouldn't leave a motor vehicle running unattended.

Perhaps you could get arrested for using a mobile phone in your house if your car's running... :ban:

I'm with you on that one, i was always taught that it was illegal to leave a motor vehicle unatended whilst running on the public highway but think it doesnt apply if you are on private property.

as above, the older non chip key cars are doable, no on the newer cars which need to see the key before engine ecu will fire it up!

I was told its do able if i get it done i will keep you guys posted on how it was done.

I have the same alarm on my 2.3-16, what exactly is needed to get this feature working?

If thats an old e500 it is a completely different set up from the newer cars ie the ign key jobby.

Done on my cousins E36 M3, a 2002 plate Corsa and an E46 M3.
What they do is take the transponder out the key and place it next to the ignition barrel. That way, you only need the key to start the car.

You may not think this is not safe as the transponder stops the car from being hot wired, but the alarm takes over that job and tha car cannot be started until it is the alarm is disarmed via the remote. Only then will the key turn on the car.

Hope that explains everything.

I have the same alarm on my 2.3-16, what exactly is needed to get this feature working?

You need an engine start module and someone to wire it. They cost roughly £100 or £150 from memory.

makes sense, defo less secure as you are leaving the most important removable security function in the car, alarm immobalisers are bypassed easily!

Is this even possible with a Merc key though? You'd have to use the alarm to disable the turn-lock that the transponder normally activates, not sure I like the sound of that.

I'm going to speak to my friendly local Clifford dealer and will report back.

Go for it mate, you're only gonna find out if you ask a fitter.

Thats how it was done on my one but may be done differently on newer cars.
Thats my understanding of the system though.

Alps, what makes the OEM immobiliser safer than the clifford one?

IMO, i feel safer knowing that i have a clifford alarm on the car rather than the factory one.

Early DAS 1 systems (1997) with the flip out key have the chip in there and as above could be used in the way described, but I fail to see how this can be done with the later electronic keys, your insurance company would have to know too, MB security systems have as far as i,m aware always been considered the best standard system available especially in the later vehicles with the electronic keys, I don,t believe there is any aftermarket system available that would equal it in the eyes of an insurance company.

Everyone knows* you have to get the keys laser cut in Germany too :D

*If you've seen Gone In 60 Seconds, that is.

Early DAS 1 systems (1997) with the flip out key have the chip in there and as above could be used in the way described, but I fail to see how this can be done with the later electronic keys, your insurance company would have to know too, MB security systems have as far as i,m aware always been considered the best standard system available especially in the later vehicles with the electronic keys, I don,t believe there is any aftermarket system available that would equal it in the eyes of an insurance company.

For newer cars it has to be done through the CANBUS system.
Not sure on the details, but it can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom