C43 AMG Coupe opinions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaneyB

Car
C43 AMG Premium Plus
Hi all,
Potential newbie here and thought I'd ask a few questions about my potential new wheels.

I've never been the biggest Mercedes fan but I'm really impressed with the C43 Coupe. Took one for a test drive on Saturday and really enjoyed it, put a smile on my face after 4 years of E92 M3 ownership.

Just wanted your opinion on the spec I'm considering and advice you can give me.

C43 AMG Coupe
Selenite Grey Magno
Premium Plus Pack
Night Pack
Intelligent Light System
19" Twin Spoke Alloys
Ash Wood Trim

What do you think? Only problem is a possible 3 month eta!!

Any advice welcomed.

Cheers

Is magno the matt paint? If it is, unless it's a garage queen that's detailled twice a week it'll be a nightmare to keep clean.

Seriously, if this is anything like a daily/weekly driver don't go with the matt finish, that's something that should be reserved for a 3rd or 4th car that's only taken out on very nice sunny days.

A blue 4 door c43 passed me today and I wasn't to impressed by the rear view tbh but I do like the coupe and cab. Your options sound pretty comprehensive. Do you have red calipers in that lot think they set grey cars off well. I went for Mountain Grey which is not as metallic as some of the other greys, gave it a wax and seal at the weekend looked stunning in the sun imho. Waited 3 months for my CLA was worth it!
Have fun deciding:thumb:

Haven't seen one in the flesh yet but MB Epsom have aC43 estate in the showroom at the minute. Might swing by at the weekend for a look.

Full leather and 360 camera. I would not bother with the paint as its pain to live with and a nightmare to match the panels if you have any work done.

Depends on your preference but the performance seats may be of interest

A blue 4 door c43 passed me today and I wasn't to impressed by the rear view tbh but I do like the coupe and cab.

The C Class Estate and Coupe look great, the saloon is a bit Meh...

I found the same with the New E class, I've seen a number of the new saloons on the road and they are all a bit Meh...

As others have said, avoid the Magno paint unless you either:
  1. Intend not to use the car
  2. Don't give a monkey's what it looks like
  3. Do care what it looks like, but are a masochist
+1 on the 360 camera, and leather is nice too.

360 camera 100% - it is amazing quality - had it on my saloon and specced it on my coupe - plus it is good value at 300 odd.

360 camera 100% - it is amazing quality - had it on my saloon and specced it on my coupe - plus it is good value at 300 odd.

Or you could just turn your head - save yourself 300 odd :D

Thanks for the replies guys,
There's a 220d at Beaconsfield in this colour combo and it looks absolutely stunning. What makes it so hard to keep clean? I do clean mine once a week without fail. Yes, red callipers. Really don't like the red seatbelts but I'll try not to look at those. Testing a C63 Coupe on Saturday but think it may just be out of budget.

Thanks again all.

Keep the advice pouring in.

We've had our C43 Coupe for three weeks, almost run in now and really enjoying it.

Good choice of spec, I'd agree with adding the 360 camera, works really well. We also have the HUD which gets the AMG display modes with the C43.

What colour leather are you thinking of going with?

There's a 220d at Beaconsfield in this colour combo and it looks absolutely stunning. What makes it so hard to keep clean? I do clean mine once a week without fail. Yes, red callipers. Really don't like the red seatbelts but I'll try not to look at those. Testing a C63 Coupe on Saturday but think it may just be out of budget.

Thanks again all.

You can spec the C43 with black seat belts

There's no option for black seatbelts anywhere I've looked? Could it be with performance seats only?? If you 'Omit coloured seatbelts' it defaults to grey but that automatically changes the seats to grey and real leather which I don't want. 3 dealers have all said I can't have black. Ideally I'd like all black interior like the 63.

So once a week clean doesn't cut it with the Magno paint??

Thanks again all.

I'm afraid red brake callipers are only available with the C63S models as far as I'm aware. Selenite grey with red leather is a good combo instead of the matt paint.

The C63 is the one to go for, those two extra cylinders make an awful lot of difference, but it's horses for courses so they say...two totally different cars the C43 and C63.

RR

There's no option for black seatbelts anywhere I've looked? Could it be with performance seats only?? If you 'Omit coloured seatbelts' it defaults to grey but that automatically changes the seats to grey and real leather which I don't want. 3 dealers have all said I can't have black. Ideally I'd like all black interior like the 63.

I believe the issue with Magno is that you cannot polish it as it ruins it and if the paint needs touching up or respraying it's very hard to match.

It's high maintainance. Google BMW frozen paint or Magno for reviews etc. I agree it looks good but the comments on google did put me off

per Mercedes Benz: "RULES" for caring for a matte finish MB:

- Has a soft Matte-effect finish instead of traditional gloss
- Matte effect is entirely in the Clearcoat.
- The other paint layers are identical to traditional gloss finish
- More Durable than traditional finishes
- No Wax, Polishes, Sealers – these can damage the finish.
- Improper care can cause shiny or bright spots, these cannot be removed mechanically
(e.g., by polishing)
- Damage can only be repaired by reapplying Matte Clearcoat
- Blending and spot repairs generally result in unacceptable appearance, so Matte Clearcoat
must be applied edge-to-edge on the affected panel(s)
Routine Washing
- Wash Magno Matte paint by hand only
- An automatic car wash can cause uneven shiny spots
- For routine washing, use Mercedes-Benz Car Shampoo (Part# A001 986 41 71 10) or
other mild soap
- Use only a soft clean sponge or microfiber cloth
- Always use plenty of water.
- Avoid washing in direct sunlight or when paintwork is warm
- Dry vehicle using a Chamois or microfiber cloth to avoid water spots

Difficult Soils
- Pre-soak difficult soils to loosen and soften
- A soft bristle toothbrush can be used gently if necessary
- A pressure washer can help remove stubborn soils
- Remove insects with Mercedes-Benz Insect Remover (Part# A002 986 11 71 11)
- Remove Tar and Tar Stains with Mercedes-Benz Tar Remover (Part# A001 986 40 71)
- Use VM&P Naphtha to remove tree resins, fuel stains and other difficult soils
(Commercially available at hardware and paint stores as a type of paint thinner)
- Use Silicone Remover for waxes, oils and greases (Commercially available at auto body
paint stores)
No other products should be used on Magno Matte Paint

Precautions
- Never rub or scrub the paint surface
- Avoid Paint cleaners and harsh detergents
- Remove any contaminants immediately
- Use care to keep oils and greases off the finish
- Never allow adhesive stickers, tape or magnets on the finish
- Avoid brushes, terrycloth, wash mitts or other rough items.
- Never use car wax, car polish, or paint sealant
- Never use rubbing compound, clay bar, sandpaper or any abrasive items
- Never perform any polishing or other mechanical operations
- Be sure to address any soiling or paint faults promptly to avoid damage
- Use approved fender covers, and don’t allow them to rub or move against the paint
- Avoid letting anything touch the paint – colleagues, clothing, papers, etc. <----Basically wrap it up in a bubble somewhere and don't use it!

Love the don't use harsh cleaners blah, blah and then put naphtha on the car........

Matt not for me, I ve seen plenty of footballers cars in matt finish and I reckon they just don't wash them. (buy new when they're dirty).

I still love the hard work of a good detailing session followed by wet look, shiny paintwork.

RR

per Mercedes Benz: "RULES" for caring for a matte finish MB:

<<arduous "care" requirements snipped>>
I backed out of a deal on an E63S earlier this year when I found it had Magno paint. For a daily driver (which my car has to be) it is an absolute non-starter.

Blimey, cheers guys! OK. Selenite an Black. My M3 was all black and obviously really shows any chips you get. I suppose I could go for the performance seats, HUD and 360 camera instead??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom