C43 AMG Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clawhamer

Car
Current: C43 C205 Gone: BMW M4 Cab
Hi All,
I have a C43 AMG Coupe arriving very shortly. I did have a C300 on order but it got stuck at the port upon entry to the UK due to the lockdown. I’ve got to give back my current car, so I had a look around and found the “EXACT” spec I wanted, and had ordered the C300 in, but as a C43. The car is already in the country and the dealership are able to deliver it to me. I just feel it’s too good to be true and waiting for the “catch” as it all happened pretty quickly. Also, I’m nervous as hell because I’ve not physically seen the car or ordered it from new myself and been able to quadruple check it’s been ordered correctly. Instead I just have the Oasis Vehicle Enquiry document to confirm spec. Anyway, I’d love to hear reassuring words from any other C43 owners to make me feel like I’ve made the right choice spec wise.... or not.

C43 AMG Coupe
Premium Plus Package
Obsidian Black
Black Leather Interior
19” alloys
Memory seats

Thanks,
CH

Zoe Bartlett on Twitter: Why is there no tumbleweed #emoji?...🤔…

I think it’s a cracking car and as long as you are happy to take the C43 over the C300 then go for it. Are you having to pay more or have they done a like for like swap due to the circumstances?

I had a similar challenge with my original C43 order, where after waiting two months they said they couldn't build the car for over 6 months. I then somehow ended up with an in stock C63 which I collected a few days later (totally different colour and spec too - but I love the choices made on it).

It could be a great sales technique from the dealership though :p

Your spec sounds good to me and has the premium pack which was a must for me. Ultimately though, it should be what you want. Enjoy your delivery, and do add some pictures when you get it.

I think it’s a cracking car and as long as you are happy to take the C43 over the C300 then go for it. Are you having to pay more or have they done a like for like swap due to the circumstances?
Thanks for your reply. Yes, definitely happy to take the C43 over the C300 as I'm gaining a 3 litre engine, four wheel drive, leather look dash and maybe some other bits too.

No, I'm not paying more for the C43 which is unbelievable as I already had an awesome deal on the C300. It's not a swap though as such because I had to cancel the C300 order from one dealership and the C43 is coming from another.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, definitely happy to take the C43 over the C300 as I'm gaining a 3 litre engine, four wheel drive, leather look dash and maybe some other bits too.

No, I'm not paying more for the C43 which is unbelievable as I already had an awesome deal on the C300. It's not a swap though as such because I had to cancel the C300 order from one dealership and the C43 is coming from another.
No brainier.....go for it and enjoy

I had a similar challenge with my original C43 order, where after waiting two months they said they couldn't build the car for over 6 months. I then somehow ended up with an in stock C63 which I collected a few days later (totally different colour and spec too - but I love the choices made on it).

It could be a great sales technique from the dealership though :p

Your spec sounds good to me and has the premium pack which was a must for me. Ultimately though, it should be what you want. Enjoy your delivery, and do add some pictures when you get it.

Yeah, sounds like a very similar scenario so could well be MB's new sales tactics, lol. If we get more car for the same price then I'm not complaining. How's the C63? I'm coming out of an M4 and was trying to get something more sensible to appease the wife, hence the C300. I've always been confused with the comparison of the M4 to the C63 rather than M4 to C43 with them both being 3litre V6 and the C63 being a 4 litre snarling beast.

Delivery is going to be very different to the norm. I think they are literally dropping it off at my house which is a shame as I was going to go to the showroom to collect with my daughter who was really looking forward to it. When I collected my last car she was too young to understand.

Will defo post images when I get it.

incredible deal 👏💥👏

Looking forward to seeing it, I think you've made the right choice, M4 to a four cylinder would have been tough possibly.

incredible deal 👏💥👏
Yeah, I'm waiting for the "catch" and triple checking everything but so far everything checks out. It's coming from a MB dealership and the finance is from MB too.

Hi All,
I have a C43 AMG Coupe arriving very shortly. I did have a C300 on order but it got stuck at the port upon entry to the UK due to the lockdown. I’ve got to give back my current car, so I had a look around and found the “EXACT” spec I wanted, and had ordered the C300 in, but as a C43. The car is already in the country and the dealership are able to deliver it to me. I just feel it’s too good to be true and waiting for the “catch” as it all happened pretty quickly. Also, I’m nervous as hell because I’ve not physically seen the car or ordered it from new myself and been able to quadruple check it’s been ordered correctly. Instead I just have the Oasis Vehicle Enquiry document to confirm spec. Anyway, I’d love to hear reassuring words from any other C43 owners to make me feel like I’ve made the right choice spec wise.... or not.

C43 AMG Coupe
Premium Plus Package
Obsidian Black
Black Leather Interior
19” alloys
Memory seats

Thanks,
CH
Probably no initial response as you didn’t really ask anything.

If it’s a brand new car you wouldn’t see it before delivery anyway so I wouldn’t be nervous about not seeing it. If there’s anything wrong with it then just reject it.

It sounds like you got a good deal, enjoy your new car 👍🏻

Looking forward to seeing it, I think you've made the right choice, M4 to a four cylinder would have been tough possibly.

Yeah, I did test a C300 before ordering and, although it was no slouch, I did start to worry that I was going to regret it because I've not owned a four cylinder car for over 8 years now. Feeling pretty lucky that I'm getting into a C43.

Probably no initial response as you didn’t really ask anything.

If it’s a brand new car you wouldn’t see it before delivery anyway so I wouldn’t be nervous about not seeing it. If there’s anything wrong with it then just reject it.

It sounds like you got a good deal, enjoy your new car 👍🏻

Thanks Bobby. Yeah, I guess I didn't ask any questions in my first post, lol. Also, you're right, if it's not as described then I can just reject the car as you would a new one in the showroom if they hadn't ordered it correctly. I think I'm just worrying because it's all happening very fast and also because there's no part-ex involved I could be left with no car at all if I need to reject the C43 for any reason.

First world problems, I know. Especially in the current climate. Fingers crossed it's all as it should be when it arrives and I can get on with enjoying the car. Thanks 👍

Thanks Bobby. Yeah, I guess I didn't ask any questions in my first post, lol. Also, you're right, if it's not as described then I can just reject the car as you would a new one in the showroom if they hadn't ordered it correctly. I think I'm just worrying because it's all happening very fast and also because there's no part-ex involved I could be left with no car at all if I need to reject the C43 for any reason.

First world problems, I know. Especially in the current climate. Fingers crossed it's all as it should be when it arrives and I can get on with enjoying the car. Thanks 👍
It’s easier for some people than others, but if you can detach yourself from the buying process - as if you were buying on behalf of someone else - then you can better assess the car, the deal, the options, the issues (if there are any) and make better decisions.

I wouldn’t worry about it, enjoy your new car 👍🏻

I can understand why you’re having doubts. I’m sure the car will be great. Quite a bit more power.
I’m amazed it’s not dearer than a C300.

I can understand why you’re having doubts. I’m sure the car will be great. Quite a bit more power.
I’m amazed it’s not dearer than a C300.

Thanks Atavus. I'm amazed too. The dealership I ordered my C300 from quoted on the exact same vehicle and couldn't come close. They advised me to "bite their hand off"!

Cracking deal, congratz!

I'm loving my C43 coupe, although it did take me a good 6+ months to find the right spec for me (a pre-owned one.)

Great fun in Sport+ mode with the perf exhaust (and there's always Comfort mode for the commuting traffic!)

The one thing I really held out for, and I'm glad I did as I can't imagine driving without it now, is the Head-Up display.

Enjoy :cool:

Cracking deal, congratz!

I'm loving my C43 coupe, although it did take me a good 6+ months to find the right spec for me (a pre-owned one.)

Great fun in Sport+ mode with the perf exhaust (and there's always Comfort mode for the commuting traffic!)

The one thing I really held out for, and I'm glad I did as I can't imagine driving without it now, is the Head-Up display.

Enjoy :cool:
Mate, you’re killing me... current car has HUD... incoming C43 no HUD :wallbash:

Love it but there’s lots of haters out there that think it’s just a gimmick. I think I’m gonna get eyeball strain after the first few days in the C43 with having to look all that way down through the steering wheel to see the instrument cluster. I know it’s only a few inches but it feels like a mile when you’re used to the info just being “there” in front of you all the time. Best bit for me is the Sat Nav when it’s time to leave the motorway.

Mate, you’re killing me... current car has HUD... incoming C43 no HUD :wallbash:

Love it but there’s lots of haters out there that think it’s just a gimmick. I think I’m gonna get eyeball strain after the first few days in the C43 with having to look all that way down through the steering wheel to see the instrument cluster. I know it’s only a few inches but it feels like a mile when you’re used to the info just being “there” in front of you all the time. Best bit for me is the Sat Nav when it’s time to leave the motorway.
You won’t need a speedo, it’s an AMG, so you’ll be too busy holding to even check the speed.

That's a cracking deal - C43 is circa £11k more expensive. Nice one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom