c43 amg gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOUDIS C43 AMG

hi, will the e55 amg gearbox fit the c43 amg without any mods?

thanks,

moudi.

Why would you want to fit the 55 gearbox, unless the current one is on its way out?

just looking at all possible out come.

Ebay has one for sale for 500 pound buts for a 55 amg.

Two gearbox specalist have said makes more sense to fully refurb at 1600 pound giving a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty, to save future costs.

An indie has said the t/c seal is leaking, gearbox out job, he is going to look for wear and tear, it may be cheaper to replace with a second hand box.

The indie in question is nick webster ltd, poynton , cheshire.

how do you know the 2nd hand one isnt worn either?

i bought a new one from mb for my c36 and that was £1600 + labour

how do you know the 2nd hand one isnt worn either?

i bought a new one from mb for my c36 and that was £1600 + labour

I wount know, its a gamble,doesnt make sense really to put a second hand unit in.

How long ago was it when you bought the box for the c36 amg?

I was told a new box from the dealers for the c43 amg is 3500 pounds.

stick with the box for the engine and ecu set up
the 55 box will be set up wrong for your car all the ratios will be out

stick with the box for the engine and ecu set up
the 55 box will be set up wrong for your car all the ratios will be out

Thanks, the one on ebay comes with the ecu.

Like you said probably will not be the right set up for the c43

Have you sold your c36? are you looking for a cheap c43?

I wount know, its a gamble,doesnt make sense really to put a second hand unit in.

How long ago was it when you bought the box for the c36 amg?

I was told a new box from the dealers for the c43 amg is 3500 pounds.

it was a few years ago now

sold the c36 on the look for a c43 yes

you could always give SY motors in Birmingham a ring - they seem cheaper and do the job well.
I take it you haven't checked g'box oil for a while... This seems to be a common problem everywhere you turn.

you could always give SY motors in Birmingham a ring - they seem cheaper and do the job well.
I take it you haven't checked g'box oil for a while... This seems to be a common problem everywhere you turn.

Cheers i will get on to them for a quote, have you personally dealt with them before?

I checked it on a regular basis, because it had a very minor leak.

I bought a dipstick from ebay, the torque converter seal has given way, so thats what ive been told, resulting in a big pool of atf on the floor, so there is no need to check it anymore.

I have a fantastic gearbox re-builder. The price varies depending on waht needs to be done.

What is the problem with the 'box?

Have you looked with Olly down south?

Edited:
Errr, sorry I didn't see you had already replied Olly

I have a fantastic gearbox re-builder. The price varies depending on waht needs to be done.

What is the problem with the 'box?

HI, olly the oil pump bearing in the gearbox has collapsed ,the t/c shaft where the bronze guide/seal sits is slighty scoured.

How much would your contact charge?

Thanks, olly, first option i was given new t/c 1052 pound, main dealer- no thanks,

option 2 refurb t/c for 750 pound, no point to expensive.

3rd option Send to j.t gearbox specalist down south, who quoted 400 pound to refurb t/c and rebuild/replace collapsed bearing in front oil pump.

4th option source good gearbox complete with torque converter.

I have gone for the forth option and found gearbox and t/c in a breakers yard, just come in supposed to have done 68,000 miles, taken a chance and bought it.

If all goes well should be able to recover some of the cost by selling my gearbox as its in good working order just the t/c needing refurb.

I tried buying the t/c from the breakers yard but they didnt want to split it,so it made more sense to buy the complete set up.

Hopefully should be up and running by the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom