C43 amg mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRIVER200

Car
C43 AMG Estate
Interested to know what MPG owners are getting with their C43's especially the Estate.

With the same engine our SL400 averages the number in my sig below.

In a lighter c class, with a bit more power I'd expect 30mg average wouldn't be unreasonable to expect. But it depends how much stop start traffic you sit in.

I don't commute, I work at home so our SL tends to get used for nice day drives and our E is the daily workhorse.

5900 miles since new, 25.4 MPG average. I do have a tendency to play though. Premium Plus saloon.

I've returned 36 MPG on a 250 mile round trip to London though. Really does depend how you drive it and what drive settings you use.

I think you can expect under 30 in mixed driving, my S5 Sportback had a 3 litre V6 supercharged petrol engine with roughly the same power and it was doing mid to high twenties.

The C63 is doing low to mid twenties........which is worse than my old R172 NA 5.5 litre V8 SLK. So much for efficient turbo engines haha.

RR

The C63 is doing low to mid twenties........which is worse than my old R172 NA 5.5 litre V8 SLK. So much for efficient turbo engines haha.

RR

.... that's selective cylinder shutdown for you when in ECO mode on the M152 engine. Best of both worlds?!

Our average from new is 28.2 mpg over the first 1,465 miles according to the app on my phone for our C43 Coupe.

.... that's selective cylinder shutdown for you when in ECO mode on the M152 engine. Best of both worlds?!

I think the new E63 will have cylinder shutdown, don't know how that's affected by the turbos?

I think the new E63 will have cylinder shutdown, don't know how that's affected by the turbos?

It will have, and the shut-down cylinders will be 2 each side, so that the turbos (and CATs) are kept up and running even when under ECO4 mode. Both valves are left shut and the 'unused' piston will simply bounce off the air spring contained in the combustion chamber. It's hardly perceptible in our 55 and really works. A long run to Munich and back last year netted 31mpg overall, complete with 170mph+ schleps when traffic permitted (34.5mpg for a best full day in cruising traffic). If the new 613bhp E63S can better 30mpg on a run, then it really will be a remarkable thing.

Yeah I ran a R172 SLK55 for 4 years and she averaged around 28mpg over that period with a lot of mixed driving and hoons around the Yorkshire Dales. I was really disappointed to see them discard the M152, I thought it was a great engine and I don't see how the V6 Biturbo in the SLC43 is a step forward.

In the end the SLK55 had to go because of the woolly steering/handling and the terrible slow gearbox. Still miss the engine though...........

RR

Yeah I ran a R172 SLK55 for 4 years and she averaged around 28mpg over that period with a lot of mixed driving and hoons around the Yorkshire Dales. I was really disappointed to see them discard the M152, I thought it was a great engine and I don't see how the V6 Biturbo in the SLC43 is a step forward.

In the end the SLK55 had to go because of the woolly steering/handling and the terrible slow gearbox. Still miss the engine though...........

RR

Agree about it being a shame to see the M152 dropped, but I guess that's just a legislation thing, despite it already making less than 200 carbons on account of all its ECO stuff.

Ours has the P30 Performance Pack and I prefer the handling to the normally suspended versions - much more planted and under control. Gearbox gets properly quick with a TCU remap too, so right now I'm happy (apart from the burst tyre on Saturday thanks to another Surrey Highways pothole that will cost £150 to replace).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom