c43 amg or 540i bmw ???????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

turbonutter

hi
new to here , iv had a old w124 300e before and im looking at changing my current car a overfinch range rover 570 , i just dont like driving it as im getting 7mpg from it !!!!
im looking at a c43 amg or a 540i bm , any thoughts advise on these cars ?

cheers
Lee

Can't comment on the C43, but my friend has a 540i...very smooth, comfortable car (and it's got a telly:D ), but he only gets about 12-15mpg around town-some times 22-24mpg on a run...but boy is it quick.

E39 540i?

I presume a 540i sport or I suspect you could be comparing a barge with something that handles quite well.

When I was looking about at the 540i last year I noted how relativly few of them there were, especially in Sport trim. In fact the amount for sale was absolutley dwarfed by the amount of M5's, albeit a little pricier but not too much so.

M5 purchase vs C43 purchase cost = big difference though, so maybe you are talking about a much older 540i?

I actually think they are quite different cars in terms of size and feel and would have thought the distinction between the two makes for an easy choice depending on what your preference is.

If you want the older (design and year), cheaper, rarer performance oriented car go for the AMG. If you want the larger, perahps not so sporty, newer, better interior equipped car then go for the 540i.

E39 540i?

I presume a 540i sport or I suspect you could be comparing a barge with something that handles quite well.

When I was looking about at the 540i last year I noted how relativly few of them there were, especially in Sport trim. In fact the amount for sale was absolutley dwarfed by the amount of M5's, albeit a little pricier but not too much so.

M5 purchase vs C43 purchase cost = big difference though, so maybe you are talking about a much older 540i?

I actually think they are quite different cars in terms of size and feel and would have thought the distinction between the two makes for an easy choice depending on what your preference is.

If you want the older (design and year), cheaper, rarer performance oriented car go for the AMG. If you want the larger, perahps not so sporty, newer, better interior equipped car then go for the 540i.

cheers
it would have to be the 540i sport , i was looking a the 528i sports but it lacks the v8 !!!! would be ok on feul tho

i love the v8 , ok my 5.7 chevy motored range rover is very thursty compared to most v8

also like the classic merc shape , i gave £500 4 my old w124 300e , bit of a dog but drove it round for a year a didnt do a thing to it :)

the c43 is a small car tho , shouldnt have a problem with towing ? , i need somthing that i can tow may drift car to the tracks !

i love the v8 , ok my 5.7 chevy motored range rover is very thursty compared to most v8
Yup, massive weight and the aerodynamics of a garden shed aren't good for economy ;) On the motorway my 5 litre V8 SL is more economical than my VW Sharan.

the c43 is a small car tho , shouldnt have a problem with towing ? , i need somthing that i can tow may drift car to the tracks !
You need someone to confirm if it's rated for towing. Some of the rarer versions of cars aren't, because each variant has to be separately certificated ... which costs the manufacturer significant time and money.

You may have a problem fitting a tow bar to a C43, as the rear bumper gets in the way.

Yup, massive weight and the aerodynamics of a garden shed aren't good for economy ;) On the motorway my 5 litre V8 SL is more economical than my VW Sharan.

You need someone to confirm if it's rated for towing. Some of the rarer versions of cars aren't, because each variant has to be separately certificated ... which costs the manufacturer significant time and money.

lol , at garden shed! i like that :)

didnt think about the towing , that will to put the c43 out the window then

Hmm decisions decisions. I had a C43 and now have an E39 540I

Massively different cars.

All be it older I think I prefer the BMW. Its not really that much slower than the C43 and is just so much more comfy and spacious than the C43. Although that may partly be down to the fact I had the C43 on 18" wheels.

The C43 and 540 are pretty much the same on fuel. You can typically expect 27-30 on a run although pottering a couple of miles across town and that figure will be in the low teens.

Either way they both have that wonderful V8 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom