C43 AMG S202 Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Last thread disaster : http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/mbclub-projects/178994-c43-wagon-project.html

This project is now almost complete. I had the chance to finally drive the car for the second time since it was purchased on 2nd February 2014 :eek: Its first real drive was to BOTG 2014 and then again BOTG 2016 and since then I have had a few messages from members asking questions. It is about time I start updating this thread.

I will kick this thread of by posting a picture that Justin took on Saturday and then I will hopefully post weekly updates on what was actually done.

the timescales went something like this;

• Purchased 2nd February 2014 - The car had very serious problems that needed to be addressed
  • February 2014 ££££'s spent and car went to the workshop for a whole month to address these issues
  • March 2014 A visit to PCS for a second opinion - Olly being the subject matter expert on these cars
  • March - April 2014 More workshop time
  • May 2014 - BOTG 2014
  • June 2014 - Complete strip of the car to shell (excluding the drivetrain) this included everything, all glass, doors, headlining you name it. This was done with fellow MBC member gurpz
  • July 2014 - Car delivered to bodyshop with new glass etc
  • 28th September 2014 - Car delivered back home
  • Next 8 months assembly of car with gurpz (weeknights/weekends on and off) the MOT time was hilarious advisories for doorcards, mirror caps you name it!
  • Last parts of trim fitted a few days before BOTG 2016
  • Friday 13th 2016 - First car wash since 2014 :devil:

Hardest part of this restoration was the fact that everything now is NLA at Mercedes, so had to think outside the box and look to other countries to source parts - another interesting fact was that one of the heatshields took 14 months on back order, its now showing as NLA :wallbash:

Anyway the restoration isn't complete, a few more things to go....

C43wagon.jpg

Loved the car Vin, was great to see it parked up near my Azurite C43 :thumb:

A credit to your hard work :cool:

nice car Koolvin

what parts was NLA?
should we worry about them being NLA?

where did you source parts from, did you manage to get all genuine MB parts?
did you buy from USA or Germany?

kowalski said:
nice car Koolvin what parts was NLA? should we worry about them being NLA? where did you source parts from, did you manage to get all genuine MB parts? did you buy from USA or Germany?
More and more parts NLA. Some examples are the HWA specific side skirt clips, heatshields, external faux trim FFS even the C43 badge is replaced with the 208 part number CLK 430 badge which has to be amended

NLA?

I thought that one of the good things about Mercedes was the fact that parts was always available from them, no matter what the model?

Or is that a myth?...

MB is still fabricating restoration parts for cars from the 50's up to 1990.
what so special with C43 they have NLA for certain parts?
that's so stupeeed!

NLA?

I thought that one of the good things about Mercedes was the fact that parts was always available from them, no matter what the model?

Or is that a myth?...

It's a struggle to get parts for new Mercedes models sometimes mate :crazy:

Some parts for my CL are unavailable :mad: and stopped production in 2006 !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom