C43 AMG Single Wiper Mechanism - Sticking at 45°

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobby

Car
1999 C43 AMG
Hi guys,

Hope all is well with everyone!

Quick question: My wiper is stuck at 45 ° - I seem to remember this is a common problem with W202 single wipers where the teeth wear away meaning the wiper doesn't park properly

Does anyone know what the replacement part(s) needed are as I am being told there is no pattern part and the MB one costs around £400...

many thanks in advance

Bobby

Mine jumped a few teeth randomly once. I stripped it down, realigned it and it was fine. My point being that it is fully serviceable so I would take it out, strip it and get replacement parts from a breakers if you don't want to pay for a new one.

Thanks, but the garage did that and said "it's knackered"! Anyone got the relevant MB part numbers??

If, as the say the garage says, that the motor is knackered, then you will need to replace the motor. There is no separate part that can be replaced.
Usually some of the teeth get striped or the worm drive becomes damaged.

Dec

Edit; Used on eBay or an MB dealer… http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...TRS0&_nkw=w202+wiper+motor+1999&_sacat=131090

10132d1206645781-w202-wiper-problem-motor.jpg

10133d1206645826-w202-wiper-problem-worm.jpg

10134d1206645848-w202-wiper-problem-strip.jpg

Last edited:
There is a pattern part available as I have one. There are 2 types of connectors blocks though, check to see what shape yours is. I can't remember offhand which is which. I bought a brand new motor from MB in 2008 and it was £250 then, so prices have gone up significantly.

Wiper mechanism

Hi, the wiper motor went dead in my car too!. I rang gsf and got a pattern motor for £88 . Then made sure everything was greased up well before refit esp mechanism

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom