c43 amg tranny

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rawc43

Car
c55AMG
There seemes to be a lot of talk about c43 amgs gearboxes being on the week side as many of them fail leaving the car needing a new box or a re-cond one. but do the later c43s like the 2000 year have a better box my car drives fine and as fare as i know never had any work on the gear box its done 100k.

Hi,
All C43 gearboxes were the same, apart from the very late built C43's, known as the "2000" model which had different AMG wheels and a Tiptronic gearbox fitted, if yours is one of these consider yourself quite lucky as IIRC it would be one of only 91 RHD vehicles manufactured, and are quite desirable.
The C43 is a 722.6 5spd box and this type of box was common to most MB's of this era, i think what could make it more prone to failure was the bespoke AMG software installed in the transmission ECU,

no mine is not a tip but wis has 3 types of auto boxes for the c43 they are
AG 722.602. AG 722.621. and AG 722.631. witch is witch iam not sure but i read some were that there was apart from the tip box a upgraded box for the later c43s my car i think has this box it was supposed to be more adaptive and more reliable

You will have to take a look on your gearbox to make and find out what gearbox you have...

The EPC shows only two pt. no.'s for the C43 gearbox.

Êàòàëîã

I have in the past asked for a price for my gearbox from an MB dealer, but with all the filters on the EPC and with my chassis number in it would not give a number for it, and there is a similar issue with the Russian EPC too, no gearbox pt. no.'s shown until the filters are removed.
The dealer thought there was an issue with the EPC an raised a tech query with MBUK, there response was the gearbox pt. no. would have to sourced from the unit in the car, this i believe will be the same for all C43's (at least the normal shift pattern type) as i have tried 3 different chassis number with MB and no specific gearbox pt. no. could be gained.

The EPC shows only two pt. no.'s for the C43 gearbox.

Êàòàëîã

I have in the past asked for a price for my gearbox from an MB dealer, but with all the filters on the EPC and with my chassis number in it would not give a number for it, and there is a similar issue with the Russian EPC too, no gearbox pt. no.'s shown until the filters are removed.
The dealer thought there was an issue with the EPC an raised a tech query with MBUK, there response was the gearbox pt. no. would have to sourced from the unit in the car, this i believe will be the same for all C43's (at least the normal shift pattern type) as i have tried 3 different chassis number with MB and no specific gearbox pt. no. could be gained.

are ok i see what you mean ill try and upload a pic of wis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom