C43 AMG Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That statement makes absolutely no sense. Can you explain how a set of tyres made by Goodyear hold pressure better, than those made by Continental? If you're losing pressure, you've got a puncture/cracked wheel etc....nothing to do with the make-up of the tyre.
I would think there could be differences? Thinking of bicycle tyres there can be quite a difference in bead design, and even size that can have an impact on sealing at the rim. Or it could just be variables in valve sealing or quality of installation which would not necessarily be tyre specific.

That statement makes absolutely no sense. Can you explain how a set of tyres made by Goodyear hold pressure better, than those made by Continental? If you're losing pressure, you've got a puncture/cracked wheel etc....nothing to do with the make-up of the tyre.
Hi , no idea but I can say when I checked the tyre pressures on three sets of Conti tyres the pressures altered.

On the Goodyear tyres to date the pressures remain stable / the pressures go up or down together depending on the ambient external temperature when cold.

A friend of mine runs a local taxi company and he finds Michelin the best tyres again for keeping pressure.

Is only an observation!

I would think there could be differences? Thinking of bicycle tyres there can be quite a difference in bead design, and even size that can have an impact on sealing at the rim. Or it could just be variables in valve sealing or quality of installation which would not necessarily be tyre specific.
I see what you're saying but I struggle to understand how that could be. Provided the tyre is sealed to the rim and the valve seal is good I can't see how pressure could be vastly different for a tyre of the same size and profile as another tyre from another manufacturer.

Hi , no idea but I can say when I checked the tyre pressures on three sets of Conti tyres the pressures altered.

On the Goodyear tyres to date the pressures remain stable / the pressures go up or down together depending on the ambient external temperature when cold.

A friend of mine runs a local taxi company and he finds Michelin the best tyres again for keeping pressure.

Is only an observation!

Well I finally got around to change the tyres on my C43, went for the Michelin PS4's in the end, well what a difference. Much quieter than the Continentals better grip in both the wet and dry but the best thing of all the crabbing has completely disappeared no matter what the temperature. So glad I went for the Michelins they may have been a bit more expensive but in my opinion well worth it.

Well I finally got around to change the tyres on my C43, went for the Michelin PS4's in the end, well what a difference. Much quieter than the Continentals better grip in both the wet and dry but the best thing of all the crabbing has completely disappeared no matter what the temperature. So glad I went for the Michelins they may have been a bit more expensive but in my opinion well worth it.

Bear in mind it is getting warmer now, the crabbing is only really an issue in colder weather.

Bear in mind it is getting warmer now, the crabbing is only really an issue in colder weather.
Yes I am aware that the colder weather can affect the crabbing. However the continental would crab no matter what the temperature was. I have had the michelins on for a few months now and we have had a couple of cold spells and the michelins have not suffered from any crabbing at all.

Yes I am aware that the colder weather can affect the crabbing. However the continental would crab no matter what the temperature was. I have had the michelins on for a few months now and we have had a couple of cold spells and the michelins have not suffered from any crabbing at all.

Interesting, because the Conti's mine were changed to crab just slightly when it's really cold and stop doing it as soon as the temperatures are up past 4 degrees or so.

Pilot Sport 4 or Pilots Sport 4 S?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom