C43 Attempted Theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaneyB

Car
C43 AMG Premium Plus
Hi guys,
just thought I'd let you know we had three armed guys break in to our house last Tuesday 05:32. They spent around five minutes alone trying to get in through the back door with an assortment of tools and got spooked by the alarm system. They took my son's school bag and emptied on the street but took his wallet. They also took my wallet and sunglasses from the kitchen. It has been confirmed the same guys stole a Porsche Cayenne from Edgware earlier that evening before coming to our house. 13 minutes after leaving our house they were spooked again at a house in the next town along from us. They are driving a blue BMW reg SH64 MVE.

Keep your eyes open and don't confront them.

Dear lord, v v sorry to hear that. when you mention armed , do you mean carrying guns ?
I hope the clowns trip up and get caught asap. that is scary as hell. they didnt confront you or your family members directly I hope ?

Sorry to hear that, it is one thing trying to take the car using the relay method, but forcing their way into people's homes is another. Having a good alarm system is a great deterrent, ours will frighten the sh**e out of anyone when it goes off including us when done accidentally. It amazes me how many people don't put the alarm on when going to bed. Just did a quick google search of the BMW's reg. It comes back as a Grey BMW which was stolen last week.

Last edited:
PM sent.

Home invasions are dangerous!
Always keep your doors locked at home.
Lunatic fringe or scumbags might pay you a visit at home robbing, raping or killing you?
W@nkers kills for nothing.
Only god knows what certain people are capable off!?

No confrontation thankfully as the alarm did the trick. It could have been a grey BMW but difficult to tell in the dark, Previous CCTV has shown them carrying knives plus the screwdrivers they carry in their tools.

BA57 ARDs :mad:

Glad that nobody got hurt!

Have the police come back with anything?

Shocking stuff and your worst nightmare if someone breaks in to demand the keys. You have no idea of the violence these scum will use to get what they want.

The police are toothless when it comes to detection and even then the public are let down by insufficient sentencing if it ever gets to court.

So sorry to hear that, man. Did you catch them on camera, or something?

(I just did an MOT check and it says it's a grey BMW 330d, FWIW)

So sorry to hear that, man. Did you catch them on camera, or something?

(I just did an MOT check and it says it's a grey BMW 330d, FWIW)

I've just done an insurance check and this vehicle is not insured!
It is showing as taxed till 1st November 2019.
MOT history: SH64MVE | 2014, Bmw 330 | 2 Faults Reported

Surely that just means you are in even more danger when they come back in looking for the pin
Who has time for that realistically?
Not to mention there is an additional risk a thief is taking to do that when they can instead just find another car to steal instead

Not to mention there is an additional risk a thief is taking to do that when they can instead just find another car to steal instead
For the opportunist thief maybe but a targeted theft of a special or less numerous car?

For the opportunist thief maybe but a targeted theft of a special or less numerous car?
If they want it, they'll try to find a way to get it, sure.
Doesn't mean people should just lay down and expose their necks in submission. Otherwise they will always win just because we are too scared to even put up any defence .

Surely that just means you are in even more danger when they come back in looking for the pin

Exact reason I didn’t get it fitted to mine

Realistically, unless the plod happen to be nearby, thieves do have the time, and they know it

They’ve gone through the trouble of entering a house, keys have either been handed over by way of threatening or they got lucky and found them with no confrontation. Out they go to the car, it’s not starting. Even by this point, if the police had been called, they still have enough time to go back into the house, hold a knife to your spouses or children’s neck and demand the pin

Want the car? Here’s the keys and anything else you want. That’s what I pay insurance for, not to put myself or a family member in danger

As great as Ghost is, it just creates that other threat. It’s fantastic for car jacking, after a call to the police by the time they’ve gotten rid of you on the phone and a short walk down the road, the car will be left not working and empty after the thieves did a runner from the car

Exact reason I didn’t get it fitted to mine

Realistically, unless the plod happen to be nearby, thieves do have the time, and they know it

They’ve gone through the trouble of entering a house, keys have either been handed over by way of threatening or they got lucky and found them with no confrontation. Out they go to the car, it’s not starting. Even by this point, if the police had been called, they still have enough time to go back into the house, hold a knife to your spouses or children’s neck and demand the pin

Want the car? Here’s the keys and anything else you want. That’s what I pay insurance for, not to put myself or a family member in danger

As great as Ghost is, it just creates that other threat. It’s fantastic for car jacking, after a call to the police by the time they’ve gotten rid of you on the phone and a short walk down the road, the car will be left not working and empty after the thieves did a runner from the car
Very plausible but the chance of someone using keys to steal a car was 12 percent in 2018. Could be even less in 2019. It is a very unlikely and remote probability scenario you describe.

Thats just sickening, we all work hard to have nice things, then some scum comes along and think just because they can see it the world owes them it so they can just take it, really annoys me!

Very plausible but the chance of someone using keys to steal a car was 12 percent in 2018. Could be even less in 2019. It is a very unlikely and remote probability scenario you describe.

There was one thread about that exact thing happening and another tale of the same incident since 2018 and that’s just mercedes related stories I’ve seen. I’m sure there’s many more

There was one thread about that exact thing happening and another tale of the same incident since 2018 and that’s just mercedes related stories I’ve seen. I’m sure there’s many more
Absolutely, if 100k cars got stolen in 2018 then 12k were using keys , not saying that it cant happen, but for people to be so afraid that someone might break in and then ask for a code seems like a defeatist outlook. But fair enough, some things aren't worth the risk for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom