C43 brake fluid flush and bleed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRBC43AMG

MB Enthusiast
Car
2013 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 1999 C43 AMG saloon "Grandma" (sold), Ultima Sports Can-Am (sold)
I have renewed the brakes front an rear (discs + pads + flex hoses + 2 front brake lines as I b**gered the threads). Everything back on he car and replaced brake fluid with ATE Super Blue and bled the brakes. The ESP and ABS light remains on when the engine is turned on. The car is still on axle stands so I havn't tested the brakes yet.
Is this normal or is some air still in the system? Do I need to do something "special" so that the light turn off :confused:

Was the battery disconnected at any point? Turn the steering wheels to full lock both ways to recalibrate steering angle sensor.
Did you disconnect/cut/damage wires to the ABS sensors in the wheel hubs?

Probably because the wheels are turning with the wheels off of the ground mate. Put the wheels back on and drive it, will probably be ok :thumb:

Was the battery disconnected at any point? Turn the steering wheels to full lock both ways to recalibrate steering angle sensor.
Did you disconnect/cut/damage wires to the ABS sensors in the wheel hubs?

Yes, the battery was disconnected from last November until Friday when I started the car. The engine was very lumpy at the beginning an finally idled decently. I also changed plugs and wires.
No, I havn't cut into or replaced ABS wires or touched the sensors.
I will try the full lock to lock trick to recalibrate steering angle and will report back :thumb:

Probably because the wheels are turning with the wheels off of the ground mate. Put the wheels back on and drive it, will probably be ok :thumb:

Thanks Justin, euh no the wheels have not turned as I didn't put the autobox in gear. Will try all the tips and I'll get back later

So I switched on the engine and turned left and right full lock and BINGO all the warning lights (ESP + ABS) turned off. All is well!

Many thanks for the tip :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom