C43 delay in Bremen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenannahCoupe

Car
E350 Coupe 2016
Good morning all, whilst sat on the banks of a lake fishing I thought I’d ask the question regarding delays.

The original delivery date for my new pride and joy was today, then t slipped until the end of may and it’s currently due into the dealer on the 5th of June.

Is this normal? Should I be told the reasons for delay? I’m due to go on a road trip to Germany on the 23rd and just hope it doesn’t slip too much.

I know for you AMG fanatics out there that the C43 isn’t one man one engine, but what a car it is for the price it commands.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope they happen. Happened to mine and the dealer thought it was a delay in the 9 speed box, but ended out being about 6 weeks late in the end.

It didn’t miss the build slot or anything; it was just stuck.

It was infuriating, but worth the wait. You just have to sit tight and seethe quietly to yourself.

If it’s a production delay, they’re no way that the dealership can actually find out the reason. On the factory system they’ll just see a little P indicating that they’re been a production delay.

That could be a delay on the whole production line, a car in front of yours, your particular car or even something as simple as a shipment of trims being late. Obviously these are production lines handling thousands of cars

Delays like that normally disappear within a few days, then delivery of your car will be prioritised normally because of the hold up.

That makes perfect sense. I have been reading that German customers can track their vehicle through production. I don’t think I would get any sleep or work done, I’d be waiting for a man update and movement of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom