C43 deposit paid ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Senninha43

SUPPORTER
Car
C43 AMG estate with lots of toys ...
Hi All,

Have owned several Mercedes over the years, mainly C350 daily drivers ... but also a much loved (and missed) SL300 107 ...

I’m now pleased to be moving up into the world of AMG ownership, opting for the C43 estate. I’ve found a nicely optioned version that includes AMG seats and the full Premium Plus pack plus other options including the default black/polished 19” alloys.

As the car will be a daily, I’d like to prepare a set of winter wheels/tyres, and summer wheels/tyres. I’ll probably use what comes with the car for winters so looking at summer wheel options. Will any of the OEM C63/C63s wheels fit the C43? Or am I better to look at aftermarket? Has anyone changed wheels and can share details this would be really helpful.

Many Thanks ...

:rolleyes: Get you two!
Seriously though, nice motors the both of um. :D

OP congrats on the lovely car. my recommendation is if you are getting a second set of rims, choose rims and if 18 inch ones fit , maybe go for those , on the condition that the rims open up your winter tyre options. Otherwise on stock size 19 rims for example , only 3 winter tyre models fit being conti 830p, pirelli 270 s0 and Michelin alpin pa4. these tyre models are all quite ancient now vs the current flagship performance tyres of which the conti 860s was king at least last year. Also some all season tyres nowadays are summer biased like michelin crossclimate + but can do snow.

lastly if you live in southern UK there may be no need to get winter tyres at all. my winter tyres start to struggle in any temps above 8 or 9 Celsius

I got a second set of cheapo DRC rims on mine for approx gbp 570 for the set from performance alloys (19 inch aftermarket rims 8.5 and 9.5j width from memory. ) . The alpin PA4 took 1 month to order and cost me gbp1140 including fitting and storage of my summer set. interestingly there is a set of proper amg rims with conti 830p winter tyres (second hand ) for a very tempting gbp 1700ish which is a better deal IMO. one of my rims has already buckled slightly, at least it keeps my speed low lol. luckily for gbp 130 i can replace that rim with a brand spanking new one !
Screenshot_20190903-215807_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20190903-215653_Gmail.jpg

Hi Mr Right ...

18’s is where I was thinking of going + OEM ... would be good to know if the C63 rims fit as this opens up styles a bit further ..

Picked the car up today, with first mod completed and I now have nice black seat belts ...

Hi Mr Right ...

18’s is where I was thinking of going + OEM ... would be good to know if the C63 rims fit as this opens up styles a bit further ..

Picked the car up today, with first mod completed and I now have nice black seat belts ...

Bet you're loving the facelift interior etc ! Did you get rid of the seatbelts that came with the car? lol

Yes if you're going c63 (18 inch then worth looking at whether the 8.5j and 9.5j widths fit front and rear or maybe go 8.5j on a square set up .

May have found a set of OEM 18” 5 spokes which as winters offer ease of cleaning so may pick these up ...

The red stitching I can live with but not the belts so they had to go ... used SBS and had the dealer do the swap over for me ...

E65A7B3D-95B2-4EE8-A1A1-F96C036DCE3F.jpeg

And gave the outside a quick coating of Poor Boys Black Hole ... leaves a nice wet look finish ...

Thank fo the warm welcome and yes, the interior is growing on me a lot ... as is the HUD :)

The Winter look ...

D6BBC924-8C9E-4C4B-9AE4-1A23C881E0A4.jpeg

After learning that C63 fronts wont fit (might with spacers but as a bolt on they foul the upright), and stock 205 wheels have the wrong offsets, I found a great looking OEM C43 set of wheels and love the new look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom