C43 Exhaust Bracket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amg3.6

Car
C55 Amg White W202
Guys is the bracket/clamp available separately where both ends of the pipes meet?

I had to grind it off to get exhaust off also it was really rusty and had a crack on it.

The bracket that holds the rear section to the middle? , if so yes , or it was a year ago when I got one .

I cant find it on EPC it looks like it come with the exhaust pipe.

I cant find it on EPC it looks like it come with the exhaust pipe.

I got mine at Merc lakeside essex , sold it with the car not fitted as I bought it after Kwik Fit managed to bend/heat one of their clamps round the pipe ,everything they have will be too small ...... mine was an estate , dunno if that makes a difference.:dk:

Does anyone know the size of the exhaust pipe?

Wagon have you by anychance got a part no for the flange?

Paul can you remember how much you paid?

Wagon can you remeber how much you paid?

Around £25 iirc .. Edit , that pic above is not what I got , may have sold you a dummy , I got the clamp , good luck hunting .....

Last edited:
The ebay one is expensive then works out at £60

Hmm just seen your post. Did you use the clamp on your c43?

Hmm just seen your post. Did you use the clamp on your c43?

I had an exhaust rattle which turned out to be the clamp fallen apart and the rear section moving backward, Kwik Fit made one of their u clamps fit by liberal use of heat and a hammer , I bought the correct clamp from MB but never got round to fitting it

Guys is the bracket/clamp available separately where both ends of the pipes meet?

I had to grind it off to get exhaust off also it was really rusty and had a crack on it.

is it the rusted clamps on front exhaust pipes that cracked on your exhaust?
these break from vibrations and rust.

Last edited:
Yes exactly the one where the arrow is. It wasn't rattling i had to take exhaust off as ive been working on my engine.

The flange was rusted also the bolts were perished so i used a grinder and took it off.

Just weld them solid. I did on mine and many more after.

That could be also done. Did you weld it with the gasket or without as the gap would more without the gasket/seal?

Wouldn't it be easier to cut the exhaust and weld a new piece?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom