c43 foglight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timk

Car
VW Passat Alltrack, E39 BMW M5, Mercedes C55 AMG Wagon
just purchased a C43 AMG '98 model and require front offised foglight as it is cracked.

Nick who is a member www.euromerc.co.uk He will help.

Hi,
To replace the fog light I thought should be a reasonably easy job, first remove the front wheel inner cover secured by 4 bolts and possibly 2 screws, i had to remove my passenger side fog light, but found both of its mounting bolts obstructed, though I managed/struggled to remove one, I could not remove the other one as it is obstructed by the alarm siren bracket, but managed to swivel it on one bolt, I then removed the glass, which is fixed in place by spring clips on the outside, I have not done the O/S but if you have Xenons you may have undue the control pack to gain access to the fog light on the drivers side.

Everytime i look at that thread it always amazes me at the size difference between the standard bumper and the 43 one.

They are virtually the same size, the standard one is further away thats all :D

fit8.jpg

Zombie thread!

Better here than elsewhere - I have a cracked lens on one side and condensation on the other, so first thought is simply, can I obtain just the lenses? Euromerc doesn't show any that I can find.

Throw in my cracked windscreen, stonechips and rust and I'm starting to resemble the fastest Ugandan taxi driver around.

Ah, good old German eBay, ta

Fog Lights Clean Nice
EXCELLENT CONDITION. GREAT WORKING

Such a beautiful language...

Gridlock - For what it's worth, I've just bought a pair of genuine C43 fogs off Nick for £39 each delivered to replace one cracked and the other with a broken bracket. His website still lists 'em at that price so there may be some left.

If you are after the lenses only, I'd try Eurocarparts or KMS. The fogs are the same as fitted to the 170 SLK, W210 E Class and the early M Class; either that or try a Hella Dealer

Mike

Gridlock - not sure if it helps, but the lenses on my old fogs turnout not to be cracked. There's a bit of road-rash/pitting but they are serviceable (unlike the rest of the bits which are corroded) - would they be any good to you?

Mike

Much appreciated, but will sort out new ones - I'm trying to take the old girl back as near to perfection as I can.

Thanks for all the advice guys, this forum is truly invaluable (clicks ads)

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom