C43 fuel filter change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amg3.6

Car
C55 Amg White W202
Will be changing the fuel filter tomorrow any tips or tools which i will need or anything i should look out for?

You will need two good flexible fuel line clamps [ Sealey make some neat ones]to shut off the petrol lines leading to and from the filter. ItS usually a small silver cylinder with 2 spigots at either end [ YOUR NEW ONE WILL BE A GUIDE] . The fuel lines are held on with small jubilee type clips with Phillips head screws. Once clamped the clips are slackened off the the lines are pulled off. Expect a little petrol spillage from the filter body when you first slacken off the clips but that should stop after a few seconds -if not check the fuel line clamps are tight enough. Replacement is the opposite of removal but MAKE SURE THE FILTER IS ON THE CORRECT WAY ROUND !! there is usually a large arrow marked on the body to indicate the correct direction of flow [ check the logic-is the fuel coming out of the filter ultimately heading towards the engine?] The fuel filter itself is flexibly suspended in a frame with the fuel pump and you loosen off some the clamp blots to remove the filter-- it,s pretty obvious once you remove the plastic cover over the assembly- don't over tighten any of the cover nylon nuts as they are naturally self locking and you will easily strip their threads

Thanks for your input i am pretty sure when i looked at the filter it hasn't got jublee clips i couldnt figure out how they would come off they look like claps?

OK they may be crimped clips- they are "one use only" type clips that are put on with a special tool - if so they can be easily replaced with the appropriate size of screw[jubilee type] clip. They may be the earlier banjo type union - basically that's a hollow bolt that screws into the filter end + ring ended pipe and a couple of washers. The important thing is to renew the washers. The new filter may or may not come with them.

Attachments

• 368-1.jpg
    368-1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 25
I don't think i've seen anything like the pic will them clips come off with pliers as theres nothing to hold on to?

Thanks again for your valuable input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom