C43 Fuel Range Gauge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaneyB

Car
C43 AMG Premium Plus
Hi all,
Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows if you can dismiss the 'Range' image on the dash when the fuel gets low? Basically mine gets down to 19 miles left in the tank and then the mileage is replaced by an image of the car and a red Gerry can. I've tried pressing everything to get rid of it but I can't and can no longer see how much is left in the tank.

Any thoughts??

Standard in Mercedes I'm afraid. Mine is changing even earlier, sometimes at 40-60 miles left.

I always like to know in case I get caught short of fuel stops.

So what happens to the actual fuel indicator? When the image of car and tank comes on the last notch on my fuel gauge flashes white and the petrol pump goes orange. Does that change colour when it gets lower?

Hi all,
Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows if you can dismiss the 'Range' image on the dash when the fuel gets low? Basically mine gets down to 19 miles left in the tank and then the mileage is replaced by an image of the car and a red Gerry can. I've tried pressing everything to get rid of it but I can't and can no longer see how much is left in the tank.

Any thoughts??
Why on earth would you want dismiss the range image :confused: You know how much is left in the tank :wallbash:19 miles and reducing as you drive,just fill the bloody thing up,has nobody told you that the Suez crisis is over:thumb:

It's probably because it is not accurate below that mileage.

Good job you didn't get the C63, that much fuel would only allow another 30 seconds driving........:eek:

At that point I'd stop worrying about the range and go to the nearest vendor of super unleaded

The "OK" button usually gets rid of most such messages, but I'm in agreement with the others who suggest visiting a petrol station ASAP. Low fuel levels tend to disturb the gunge that inevitably builds up in your petrol tank, thus pumping it towards your engine where you definitely don't want it.

I once ignored such a warning on a Ford and ended up running out of fuel in the middle of roadworks on the M3 during rush hour, despite the fuel gauge telling me there was plenty. I was not the most popular bunny around that day, but I did get a mention on the Radio 2 traffic bulletin - my only claim to fame!

Why on earth would you want dismiss the range image :confused: You know how much is left in the tank :wallbash:19 miles and reducing as you drive,just fill the bloody thing up,has nobody told you that the Suez crisis is over:thumb:

I think seeing the actual mileage range is far more use than a pointless image - simple. I have no intention of running the fuel lower but think it's daft the range is removed. If anything show both.

I think seeing the actual mileage range is far more use than a pointless image - simple. I have no intention of running the fuel lower but think it's daft the range is removed. If anything show both.

I'm guessing the piont of removing the range and replacing with the Gerry can is to make the driver 'Panic buy' some motion lotion.

If the range counted down to zero people would play all sorts of fuel tank roulette.

I think we should have a whip around for Shane. I think he's felling the pinch. :D

I'm guessing the piont of removing the range and replacing with the Gerry can is to make the driver 'Panic buy' some motion lotion.

If the range counted down to zero people would play all sorts of fuel tank roulette.

I think we should have a whip around for Shane. I think he's felling the pinch. :D

Lol, loving it. Far better on juice than the M3 and RS4 but just getting used to thing being a little different. eg: still trying to work out if there's a way to bring up my last dialled numbers with one touch instead of going through the phone options. Not sure there is.

I must admit I also looked for last dailed numbers. If your car has COMAND the voice calling is fab. It works every time for me dispite it getting bad press.

I haven't had it go down that much lately so haven't tried it in my GLC43 but I am pretty sure that in our GL it was a case of pressing the backup button on the left steering wheel controls to get rid of it.

The Mercds Me app tells you the remaining fuel in litres. Not yet tested to see if it still provides this (in litres) when the in-car computer switches to the image (in place of range).

Because of more pressing priorities I ignored the low fuel warning recently. When I eventually filled up yesterday it took 58.83 litres without any of that "get the last few drops in" palava. Looked in the manual just now and saw that the fuel tank capacity is 59 litres (including 8 litres reserve). Gulp! That remaining thimblefull of petrol did well. :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom