C43 headlights - glass or plastic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lenny63

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS 55 AMG | S211 E280 Cdi Sport
Seems like a silly question - but I want to attempt to bring some shine back to them

Glass all 202's are,try a cutting compound like G3.

Thought so - G3 may work or may get them compounded properly

I'll avoid any form of wet n dry techniques then :)

I doubt anything designed to work on paint would be any good on glass. I'm trying to get a scratch out of a windscreen left by a wiper and even with glass compound, it's hard work.

New glass isn't particularly expensive and very easy to fit and can freshen up the front no end.

£100 a side you had mentioned Sam ?

My feeling is the car has had new Headlight glass on one side recently as its immaculate - just makes the other one look tired - ill see how I go with compound

I found that removing the headlamp lenses and putting them in the dishwasher gets them looking brand new again. Worth a try after the muck is cleaned off :p The same can be done with the fog lamp lenses too.

Might be some residue from headlight beam deflectors from when I took it on a European road trip last year, I cleaned one up nicely but got bored doing the other !

Yeah mate, about 100 per side which isn't much for what they are, but quite a bit if yours are fine and just need a clean!

A dishwasher sounds like a good idea

Might be some residue from headlight beam deflectors from when I took it on a European road trip last year, I cleaned one up nicely but got bored doing the other !

what did you use Alex as the passenger side is gleaming !?

Dishwasher sounds a good trick ;)

Are the headlight covers easily seperated from the main light ?

Few clips round the edge, 8 I think. Careful tho, they can break easy. Also, for scratches on your plastic rear lenses, give brasso (metal polish!) a go.

what did you use Alex as the passenger side is gleaming !?

Dishwasher sounds a good trick ;)

Are the headlight covers easily seperated from the main light ?

I used Maplin sticky stuff remover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom