C43 Headlights..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyjester900

Car
C200 W202
Hi guys,

after reading a few post, am i right to think that the C43 has HID headlights?

If yes would trying to find a set from a wrecker fit my C200 W202??

Do you guys think that, that would be a good option for someone who
desperately wants to upgrade to the HID's and not purchase an Ebay
conversion kit????

Thanks for your help...

Brad

Hi,
They were an option on a C43 and other 202's of similar age.
If you can find a set they will fit your car, though i,m not sure wether the foglights on the C43 are in the headlights as well as the bumper. Yours if its like my pre face lift C230K the fogs are in the headlights.

Last edited:
you can still fit the facelift xenon headlights even if the fogs are in your lights currently. Make you you also get the ballast unit (control units) which are under the inner wheel arch on each side!

good luck, as i know they are like golddust to find!

Join the queue :D

You can get them brand new but half the price of the stealer if you go to a Bosch retailer. A pair of MB W202 xenons sold on ebay some time earlier in the year for about 400 quid. For £530 you can get a brand new set of lamps, ballasts and bulbs from Bosch directly.....

You can get them brand new but half the price of the stealer if you go to a Bosch retailer. A pair of MB W202 xenons sold on ebay some time earlier in the year for about 400 quid. For £530 you can get a brand new set of lamps, ballasts and bulbs from Bosch directly.....

To be honest, not really that desperate for these. Stuck some Philips Xtreme powers in and they are really good.

If I saw some going for an absolute bargain I would go for them, but to be honest £400 - £550 seems a bit overkill for headlamps. (Unless i was driving on dark country roads / motorways every day of the week ) :)

The standard facelift headlamps are very good if you fit decent set of bulbs in them.

annoyingly true :)

i just want that little bit better quality of light!!!

:)

The light difference is amazingly difference, when i drive non-HID cars since upgrading mine, its like having side lights on!

i am very very very very tempted to spend next to no money on ebay HID's.

I would have already if not for the horror stories about them destroying the
whole electrics on the car..

If it was just poor quality stuff i'd give it a go just to check it out...

:)

A cheaper solution would be to swap your pre-facelift headlights to facelift lights and fit better bulbs eg Philips Vision +

Pre-facelift lights are like 1980's Casio watch lights by compaision :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom