C43 Newbie questions for Apple car play and remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JRL5

Car
C43
Hi all,
Just got my first MB in the form of a late 2016 C43 in Artic white with all the black bits. Looks great and is just what i needed to break away from the VAG cars I’ve had for the last 15 odd years. So impressed with how the car drives and goes!!!

Has anyone on here gone the Superchips route? They’re offering 453bhp and 610nm for £345. Which is ludicrous value. As someone who had to settle for a car without PE does a generic stage 1 like this add any audible extras? More pops and crackles always a welcome bonus. Does any remap on the C43 do this?
What I don’t understand is why the ASR exhaust valve controller is only available for PE cars. The non-PE has valves too? Is there anyway (not a res delete) of opening the valves on the non-PE, without having it in Sport+ and above 3k rpm?

In terms of the infotainment unit unfortunately this falls well below my expectations for Bluetooth audio etc. I’m interested in getting a retro-fit apple car play unit. What are the recommendations as they’re seem to be quite a few different ones about? I want it to be reliable.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom