C43 Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tweaked9107

Car
Mercedes C43 Estate
Hi all, I'm in the process of buying a C43 wagon which has a fairly basic spec from what I can tell, but good enough for what I want. The main things I cared about were the performance exhaust which it has and the digital drivers display which I'm pretty confident it has. All others are nice to haves but mostly things I likely wouldn't have spec'd with my own money. It's my first Mercedes so I'm a bit confused by some of the options however, especially as I can't build one on the site anymore to see what is what. Hoping someone here might be able to clear some things up for me.

Now I'm fairly sure it doesn't have the premium pack but it seems to have some features from it....

1. Park-Pilot including PARKTRONIC - I assume this is standard on the C43? I don't know exactly what comes with it but my assumption from what I can find online is parking sensors front and back and the ability to park itself?
  2. 12.3" IC display with premium package - the wording makes it sound like the premium pack is involved but in actual fact I think it just means that it has the digital drivers display from the premium pack right? The active digital gauges rather than analogue.
  3. Adaptive Highbeam assist plus - this is the one where the high beam dips and moves to stop blinding other traffic right?
  4. Head unit display 10.25" - Pretty sure this is the full size centre screen right?
  5. Parking Package - I assume this is just the same as what 1 is?
  6. Navigation connectivity package - This one is where i start to get really confused. The options list mentioned preinstallation and MB link and navigation services and then also mentions SD card-based navigation. There is also "communications module LTE for use with MB connect me service". There is no mention of COMAND. Does this mean it has a more basic rudimentary navigation system rather than one with live traffic and 3d maps etc?
  7. Advantage package - I have no idea what this is...
A standard equipment list would be nice as I can't seem to find one... it's a UK car so I THINK things like the performance exhaust and track pace are standard right?

Last edited:
Hi tweaked9107 and welcome! I have just bought a C43 wagon myself. It's epic I love it 👍

Mines a 67 plate (pre-face lift), so there are some option differences with the face-lifted models. Something I found useful was that you can search for the original e-brochures specific to year etc on Google, this will tell you what comes with premium and premium plus packages.

Also I requested the full original spec list for my car direct from MB, you can just ring your local dealer and give them the reg number 👍

I think PARKTRONIC is a standard fit but Park Pilot might be an extra, this is what gives you the self park feature. On the newer models there is a button on the centre console for park pilot, if you watch the MB how to videos on YouTube you'll see what it looks like

AMG performance exhaust was an option on mine ....and a must IMO 😁

Hi tweaked9107 and welcome! I have just bought a C43 wagon myself. It's epic I love it 👍

Mines a 67 plate (pre-face lift), so there are some option differences with the face-lifted models. Something I found useful was that you can search for the original e-brochures specific to year etc on Google, this will tell you what comes with premium and premium plus packages.

Also I requested the full original spec list for my car direct from MB, you can just ring your local dealer and give them the reg number 👍

I think PARKTRONIC is a standard fit but Park Pilot might be an extra, this is what gives you the self park feature. On the newer models there is a button on the centre console for park pilot, if you watch the MB how to videos on YouTube you'll see what it looks like

AMG performance exhaust was an option on mine ....and a must IMO 😁
Thanks for the reply. I did get a list of the options from the dealer but it just doesn't have any description of what they are. I don't have a delivery date yet but I'm hoping some time in the next week or two.

It's a new already built car and the base spec seems to be fairly decent so there isn't much I would have added at my own expense anyway. Was just trying to figure out what each of the options actually were. From what I've been able to figure out it appears to be mostly standard if not all of it but this does include the the park-pilot, reversing camera, digital dash, adaptive high beam LED's, parking pack, mirror pack, 4-way lumbar, 10" head unit, stowage pack, ride control and the all important AMG performance exhaust.

I think the only additions I would have spec'd myself would maybe be the keyless entry, 3d surround view and night pack. Not sure if they would have forced other packages making them too expensive but ultimately all things I can live without. I did read somewhere that the night pack is standard but it doesn't mention so fairly sure it isn't there.

I'll take a look at that e-brochure though. Good idea 👍

No problem mate, happy to help 👍

I've got night pack, on mine it's pretty much a partial chrome delete, most obvious things to look for would be the window surrounds and roof rails.

I literally searched each option before mine arrived lol just went down the list putting them into Google 🤣

Keyless entry is good but it's a double edge sword, there's a lot of reports of cars with this being targeted by thieves, they just stand outside your house with basically a signal booster that copies and boosts the signal from your keys 😡
There are videos on YouTube.

I wish you all the best with it mate, I know you'll love it, especially that exhaust button! Dont forget to chuck some pics up when you get it 👍

Yeh I had a look at the brochures and it says the night pack is standard but I think with this being one of the last of this gen C43 it might not have it. Not too fussed but would have been nice.

Yeh I've seen and heard lots about the keyless. I have it on my current Golf R.
I wouldn't be too worried though as I have a pretty decent security system around the property so would be alerted before they even got 5ft down the drive and then the local police station is at most a 1 minute drive so figure they wouldn't get far.

Can't wait for the car and will be sure to post some pictures when it arrives :D

Can't wait for the car and will be sure to post some pictures when it arrives
You'll love it mate, I only popped out to the shops today but still found an excuse to do a couple overtakes 🤣

Have you managed to find the info you wanted about your options?

You'll love it mate, I only popped out to the shops today but still found an excuse to do a couple overtakes 🤣

Have you managed to find the info you wanted about your options?
Yeh I managed to find most of what I needed. I think the only thing I'm not sure of at this point is whether it will have the night pack or not, but I'm not overly fussed either way so will just wait and see for when I pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom