C43 rep, C200, looks good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W210 Fan

MB Enthusiast
Car
W140 S500L W208 430
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-MERCEDES...oryZ9855QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

get rid of the matts and it looks a clean car, 1 little blemish in the rear bumper and chop the grille for an Avantgarde, wheel sra enot genuine but, seems to have been cared for and somebody is very proud of the car judging by the pictures, if only it had a diesel engine then I would be very tempted, note the stereo is also a DVD player with a screen that size

Where's the AMG kit :confused:

And the wheels are reps....

Sorry but I disagree W210, that car has not been cared for, you can tell by the various major blemishes in the paintwork. His advert is obviously aimed at complete mugs who have no idea about cars.

His quote:

"BEWARE: This is a genuine Mercedes C200 SPORT AMG Replica many people are offering the inferior classic or elegance model and calling them sport! this has the white sport dashboard as well as the leather sport gear shift the amazing sports suspension and handling from Mercedes, and is sitting on AMG 18" alloys!"

I think it could be a good car maybe, but would you trust the seller who's trying to pedal the car as something its most definitely not. As Nav said, it doesnt have AMG alloys, replicas maybe but not the genuine article.

Last edited:
Shocking car in almost every way!

Low spec, tatty, high mileage, 1 months MOT and tax, 7 owners, fake bits (wheels) and cheepie tyres, tacky mats, damaged paint, owned by a 17 year old.

I can't think of much worse to be honest :D

Will

Shocking car in almost every way!

Low spec, tatty, high mileage, 1 months MOT and tax, 7 owners, fake bits (wheels) and cheepie tyres, tacky mats, damaged paint, owned by a 17 year old.

I can't think of much worse to be honest :D

Will

Aah but could you use it in maybe drift racing or make it into an extremely bad taste Max Power vehicle? :D

OK it's a C200 sport, with AMG replica wheels (not staggered), and a badge on the boot (and the standard steering wheel?) being sold by a naive 17 year old (or it could be someone masquerading as a naive 17 year old).

No speed limiter also - was that a June 98 thing?

Mr "Wood"'s E320 had those mats, didn't it??

P.S. Very clever shot of the drivers foot well - no pedals!!

Last edited:
In any case, what on earth is the point of making a C200 look like an AMG ????? Its not exactly a quick car !!!!

To me the interior looks that of an Esprit model due to the seats and the steering wheel but then it does have the Sport speedometer, Sport carbon fibre trim, Sport gear knob and outside Sport badges. In terms of AMG theres not one thing on that C200 that is genuinely AMG the wheels are reps as Nav has said and the badge at the back is too far spaced, or am I being a bit picky. Also being a facelift model it has a pre facelift front bumper that could indicate to it possibly having a frontal accident in the past maybe ?

lol, no AMG bumpers, no side skirts, and a set of scuffed replica wheels...... lol, nothing amg apart from the bade which is probabl a replica too!

Also being a facelift model it has a pre facelift front bumper that could indicate to it possibly having a frontal accident in the past maybe ?

Very good observation! I'm quite impressed by your attention to detail - I didn't and I doubt most other people noticed at first glance.

Another point to add to the damning list :D

Will

Before you look at anything, surely the one thing that should put everyone off is that colour!?! :D

Before you look at anything, surely the one thing that should put everyone off is that colour!?! :D

I actually like the colour, I would prefer black though,

the reason I posted it was the price, look at what you can get for the same money, same age, same mileage, although you may be able to spot 1 or 2 bargins with better spec, lower miles, 4WD etc, I think this is good value for money, maybe not for a 17 year old as he stated he cant get insurance, but if you like walking the walk without the cost of talking to the talk and you want something a bit refined I think its a good buy, if I was looking for a vehicle like this I would consider buying it, but without a TD engine its not my cup of tea right now, but each to their own,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom