C43 Replacement Dampers Advice Wanted??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

964Speedster

Im thinking of replacing the dampers/shock absorbers on my 1999
C43 AMG, Had the car for the last 9 years,still loving it.

Feel i should change the dampers as they must be getting tired, although
car has only done 53k miles.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.........

Cheers Al

Bilstein B8 shocks are excellent. I have fiited them with great sucess.

Hi,
I bought Bilstein B8 for my C43, though they are not fitted as yet, from what i can understand the standard shock is Bilstein, and the B8 is the commercially available equivalent possibly slightly uprated, but not 100% on that.

Thanks for the info guys, any idea the best source for Bilstein B8s and do they come as a set of 4/ kit , or do you just order them individually ???

Cheers Al

Welcome to the Forum. What are the details of your C43, some photo's would be great.

Im thinking of replacing the dampers/shock absorbers on my 1999
C43 AMG, Had the car for the last 9 years,still loving it.

Feel i should change the dampers as they must be getting tired, although
car has only done 53k miles.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.........

Cheers Al

At that mileage there will be another 50k miles of good use remaining.

However, the front bushes may need to be looked at with that heavy lump in the front and the condition of our roads in the UK.

Cheers for the welcome Guys, Impressed with the speed also of the response to my questions.
Will post up some pics over the next couple of days, have been giving the
car a cosmetic makeover as the body was starting to show a few signs of the Dreaded Rust......

I bought mine from Euro car parts, sold individualy, i paid wait for it £613 for all 4.

Just my 2 cents:

The B8's have a shorter shaft for lowering springs. I would think you'd rather the B6's which are the same but for standard OEM springs.

Paulo

Just my 2 cents:

The B8's have a shorter shaft for lowering springs. I would think you'd rather the B6's which are the same but for standard OEM springs.

Paulo

The Bilstein B8 is the standard replacement shock for the C43 as it has lowered springs stock.

Big Thanks again for all the Advice, Have now got the new Bilsteins Fitted
along with the new Top control arms, feels Excellent..........
Getting the Tracking etc done next to complete..

Will get some pics organized asap, weather is really crap with me just now. Defo feels like winter is Here in Central Scotland.

Cheers Al

Anywhere North of Marble Arc feels like winter.

Hi i need new front shocks for my c43 and a quick browse here suggests bilstein b8 are the ones to go for ? any recommendations as to the best place to purchase them from ?
thank you.

Speak to Olly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom