C43 Saloon ordered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fudger

Car
Awaiting delivery
Not sure if I have made the right choice here but circumstances have changed and I am moving from an E63 estate to a new C43 saloon. I had a W202 C43 about 20 years ago and loved it to bits but I am not nostalgia is the right basis on which to buy a new C43 :)

The salesman, who I have known for 10 years, wonders if I will be satisfied with the C43, having had the E63 for several years now, so I'd be interested in the views of anyone who has made a similar move.

My E63 Estate (S212) is a great car and the agreed trade in is £33,750 but I have two months to sell privately. It was registered on the 1st Sept 15 (65 plate) and has completed 24k miles. Obsidian black and in great condition, should anyone be interested.

Bit of an odd move Jonathan..... hope you're well...

The sales guy said similar and I quote, "Why do you want to do that?" Reason being that I now, often, get the train to work and I do very few miles, the wife does not drive the E63 and wants a smaller car and the kids are out of Uni with their own transport.

I was trying to find something that I could keep longer term whilst not letting go of the AMG desire ;) It was the C43 or a C200!!

Iv'e not been in a C43 so cannot really moment on that, but I did have a fully loaded brand new C-Class as a loaner for a week. I was decidedly underwhelmed and hated the interior.

Good luck, quite a change. The S212 sounds very good I’m sure you’ll get interest. How loaded is it?

Good luck, quite a change. The S212 sounds very good I’m sure you’ll get interest. How loaded is it?

Not very; in terms of options, reversing camera only. I bought it at 6 months old from the Mercedes Brooklands, it was their sales directors car.

Although its done 24k miles, I am on the original set of tyres which shows how gently its been driven. I do have some winters on at the moment but they have only done 2k out of the 24k.

Not very; in terms of options, reversing camera only. I bought it at 6 months old from the Mercedes Brooklands, it was their sales directors car.

Although its done 24k miles, I am on the original set of tyres which shows how gently its been driven. I do have some winters on at the moment but they have only done 2k out of the 24k.
Wow, that’s impressive, especially as they are then likely to be P Zeros! Anyway they are not exactly under equipped so with the reverse camera a nice car indeed. Good luck

Wow, that’s impressive, especially as they are then likely to be P Zeros! Anyway they are not exactly under equipped so with the reverse camera a nice car indeed. Good luck

Quite right, P Zeros. However, I have been so impressed with the winter tyres, I don't think I will bother to swap them back now.

I might be the only person who actually likes the interior of the C43, iPad screen included :)
But I went for the W204 C63 as I wanted the engine and pricewise there was not much difference.

C43 is 4matic. You won’t need winters. I was driving mine around in snow with no issues.

For me from E350 cdi to c43; love performance. Much nippier than E. Obvs a bit smaller and everything feels slightly cheaper

However E63 to C43. Really interested in your experience

Considering that your S212 is great condition I was wondering whether you considered getting SWMBO her own motor instead. The C43 while a great car, would be step down for you, especially in size. It terms of power, you might miss what the S212 has depending on how you drive but you'll adjust. Oh, if you love the command on the S212, you might dislike the one on the C43. Having said all of that the 19 C43s do look sweet.

This may be sacrilege, but on most UK days (i.e. wet, was recently wet or occasionally snowy), 4-matic will make the C43 faster up to the motorway speed limit. It being lighter might make it quicker round corners. I think you'll enjoy it.

This may be sacrilege, but on most UK days (i.e. wet, was recently wet or occasionally snowy), 4-matic will make the C43 faster up to the motorway speed limit. It being lighter might make it quicker round corners. I think you'll enjoy it.
Makes sense and as the op himself says the tyres are original on the S212 evidencing it’s not been driven hard so what you say regarding 4matic is sound

I wasn't very happy when the reintroduced the C43 logo. I had a W202 C43 for six years, a classic. How they can now put the C43 logo i on an inferior product is beyond me :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

It's a question of personal preference...

With the lack of 6-Cyl petrol engines on non-AMG W205s imported into the UK, for me a C43 has the ideal balance between the OTT C63 and the rather subdued C200. Pace and grace in equal measures.... my next car perhaps ;)

Gents, I have had a change of heart after the dealer gave me 48 hours in a C43 saloon. He was always of the mind that I would not be 'fully' satisfied moving from my E63 to a C43 and he was right. Perhaps they do know a few things about their cars!

Let me be very clear, the C43 is a great car BUT, there is something about the E63 that is quite special although, it is a little frustrating/confusing that I cannot articulate what that is. Perhaps it is simply a combination of many things that together give it a slight something over the C43!

So the upshot is that I staying with my current car, for a few more years, and will then look at a newer/1 year old E63 then.

Have you driven an E43?

The new E class is miles ahead in terms of noise isolation.

No but I would certainly want to give it a go. Have you had a try yourself, or anyone else for that matter?

No but I would certainly want to give it a go. Have you had a try yourself, or anyone else for that matter?

I had a diesel as a courtesy car with 19", maybe even 20" wheels on air ride and it was amazingly refined.

I imagine the E43 is a bit harder but still miles ahead of the E63 S/W212.

Gents, I have had a change of heart after the dealer gave me 48 hours in a C43 saloon. He was always of the mind that I would not be 'fully' satisfied moving from my E63 to a C43 and he was right. Perhaps they do know a few things about their cars!

Let me be very clear, the C43 is a great car BUT, there is something about the E63 that is quite special although, it is a little frustrating/confusing that I cannot articulate what that is. Perhaps it is simply a combination of many things that together give it a slight something over the C43!

So the upshot is that I staying with my current car, for a few more years, and will then look at a newer/1 year old E63 then.

Could it be that the E63 is a proper AMG car with a proper AMG V8? I've just priced up a new C43 and it comes out at £57k with a decent spec, my C63 bought new 18 months ago was only £57k too.

RR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom