C43 side skirt removal

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by Lrich, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Lrich

Lrich New Member

Car:
    C43 AMG
    Hi, just doing a bit of rust work but wanting to get the sideskirts off my c43. (Really not looking forward to it though!) Undone all the plastic screws underneath and one bolt at the very front of the skirt but then stuck. I presume the side skirt is held on by clips all the way along. How do you remove these clips if they are clips? Do they just pull out as don't want to break the clips if I can help it? :dk:

Thanks

2. OP
    OP
    Lrich

Lrich New Member

Car:
    C43 AMG
    Managed to do it with a bit of gentle moving of the side skirt. There were clips all the way along the top. The ones near the doors just pull up and the ones at the very front and back of the skirt you have to sort of wiggle the skirt up slightly as they fit over a clip. I am presuming these could break easily but with a bit of patience it came away fine. Rust is not too bad so getting the rust off tomorrow and then coat cavities in wax and repaint next :) also a bit of waxoyling underneath me thinks!