C43 silencer deletion + praise for Olly/PCS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gridlock

MB Enthusiast
Car
C43 AMG
Following a rewarding visit to Olly and all at PCS :thumb: (new lower control arms, amongst other things = feels twice as planted on the road) I spent a wee bit on something just for me and had the centre silencer removed today, replaced at Powerflow agents Top Gear in St Albans*.

Will stick a video up later but loving it, makes a sound a lot closer to the later AMG stuff now :bannana: (not that it was shy before) but is still quiet and refined at low speeds/idle - and kept the silencer of course for easy reversal.

Nice to see a certain black CLK55 at PCS when I collected mine, gave me some ideas :rolleyes: :D

*And the Golf went from 4 silencers to 1 - I think I'll fall foul of track noise regs though so a return trip may be in order..

Hi,
I have often thought about doing this i would be very interested how it sounds like now and how much drone there is if any at speed.

Yes you must come to the next Brooklands GTG so we can listen to the sound, i too have thought about having it done.

No drone on the short run back from St Albans on the old M10, but will give it a steady run in the dry and have a good listen - don't think it's a problem at all. Plenty of V8ness, no badness.

Having a look at GTG threads now :D

Last edited:
No drone in my SL500 with the centre silencer removed.

ollie at pcs horndean.........ollies ok if ya want bits just fitting to ya nice mercedes but you take a car to him that needs actual mechanical work on it there stumped and dont want to do it imho...not saying he bad just saying hes a fitter not a mechanic..then when ya take a car to him that needs mechanical work they just mess you about with dates like they did to my friend. If ya dont believe me you try it..ollie if ya dont want to do it tell us rather than mess ppl about like ya did my friend..il back this statment up anytime.........

Fair enough, everyone's experience will be different - but the work on mine seems top notch, I knew exactly what they were doing and we had some very helpful discussions before and during the work. Fixing cars can be a difficult game and anyone who tells you anything will 100% be done for a certain date is asking for trouble - likewise anyone who thinks that can be said in the first place.

Judging by the conversions they've done, are doing and are considering I think saying they're more fitters than mechanics is a bit misguided but in my own personal experience, highly recommended workshop.

Plus he's got a sneaky little VW side to him...

ollie at pcs horndean.........ollies ok if ya want bits just fitting to ya nice mercedes but you take a car to him that needs actual mechanical work on it there stumped and dont want to do it imho...not saying he bad just saying hes a fitter not a mechanic..then when ya take a car to him that needs mechanical work they just mess you about with dates like they did to my friend. If ya dont believe me you try it..ollie if ya dont want to do it tell us rather than mess ppl about like ya did my friend..il back this statment up anytime.........

Well I don't doubt your experience but was suproised to read this as its the first bad post I've seen regarding PCS. Myown experience with them is that they are excellent. :thumb:

This is the second time you have done this on the forum and you are really beginning to annoy me now. You are the only person I have heard of that has a problem with PCS, perhaps you should keep your opinions to yourself or better still if you think you have a legitimate complaint take it up with Olly in person before slagging him off on here.:mad:

Well I don't doubt your experience

Its not even his own experience. A quick read of his other posts shows he made a similar comment and then failed to back it up. Unless he can substantiate his claims (and let Olly give his side of any event) he should take a long walk off a short pier. Until then he looks like another idiot shooting his metaphoric mouth off on the internet from the comfort of an anonymous chair.

I hope this is Olly pimping his business slyly, but on the most likely premise...

Olly dug me out of a whopping hole and it was definitely a mechanical issue, not a "fitting" issue and I will always be grateful.

Knew I should have taken a photo while it was on the ramp :)

The pipe's the same diameter as the standard exhaust, which on mine is around 3" I think (and stainless - not sure what a CLK would be), just turned up and got both cars done in around 3 hours. Welding is top notch (there's a largish Polish chap there who could weld tin foil to titanium, I think) and of course everything has a lifetime guarantee anyway.

Nice choice of cars there moonloops :thumb:

On the other thing, every business will have unsatisfied customers, not surprised and everyone's entitled to their opinion - "some guy on the internet" is always going to be a risky choice for advice ;)

This is the second time you have done this on the forum and you are really beginning to annoy me now. You are the only person I have heard of that has a problem with PCS, perhaps you should keep your opinions to yourself or better still if you think you have a legitimate complaint take it up with Olly in person before slagging him off on here.:mad:

Totally agree!...... or start your own thread rather than hijacking someone else who has something good to say about Ollie!

P.S Some of us are still waiting since your last post on 13th January for a reply/answer/explanation from yourself on your other thread slagging off Ollie.

Last edited:
Ooh, and as it's my week off the second thing I'm doing for non-essential work/my own benefit is fitting my Brabus pedals (very carefully - drill involved!) - My first initial is B so they're dual purpose :D

I bought a set of "club pedals" a whole ago too (pre-price rise! Yay planning!) so I have something to revert to that doesn't have holes drilled in.

Next thing I do is take her back to Olly for a new sump section where the pulley got too intimate :(

Last edited:
On the BMW forum`s it might be easy to understand YA writing.

Totally agree!...... or start your own thread rather than hijacking someone else who has something good to say about Ollie!

P.S Some of us are still waiting since your last post on 13th January for a reply/answer/explanation from yourself on your other thread slagging off Ollie.

Me too, you are annoying me. As mentioned, if you have a specific complaint start your own tread with facts.

The world's worst video, will get a proper one up taken from outside when I finally find a friend :)

YouTube - C43 exhaust

Look at the blurry cow skin! Be amazed at the hard-to-hear exhaust note :D

With camera work like that you should get a job on top gear:D

I have a cd somewhere of a camera strapped to the back of a discovery which has a really good soundtrack and smoke images, maybe worth a try?

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom