C43 sound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4ner

Car
C43 AMG
Got a new C43 Saloon a few days ago. Brilliant car.

When I rev past say 2500 rpm and let go of the accelerator, it lets of a rattling sort of sound. I don't know if this is coming from the exhausts or if this is normal. Anyone have a similar issue with a AMG?

Lol it's an AMG, the loud exhaust, pops & rattles is what most pay for, the cars way of telling the World "I am an AMG" bl***y fast don't mess with me!

Many have an exhaust sound switch where you can mute the exhaust if you prefer or do not want to disturb the neighbours.

I know little about the C class but am sure some owners will be along to tell you if you have that switch and where to find it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Lol it's an AMG, the loud exhaust, pops & rattles is what most pay for, the cars way of telling the World "I am an AMG" bl***y fast don't mess with me!

Many have an exhaust sound switch where you can mute the exhaust if you prefer or do not want to disturb the neighbours.

I know little about the C class but am sure some owners will be along to tell you if you have that switch and where to find it.

If you have the AMG exhaust there will be a button on the centre console to turn it on and off - it will come on automatically if you use sport mode, or you can make it come on in, say, comfort mode by pressing the button. But as said, it's an AMG and they're designed to pop, bang and rattle :)

Surely not rattle? That could be a loose exhaust bracket or heat shield. I would get it checked.

Surely not rattle? That could be a loose exhaust bracket or heat shield. I would get it checked.

I was guessing that 'rattle' was used to describe the different noise the exhaust makes when you lift off. It's not a rattle per se, but I can't think of a better word to describe it.

RECORDING OF THE SOUND REQUIRED?
Has the car got the optional sports exhaust? The motoring press use the word "crackle" to describe the noise on the overrun.

Has the car got the optional sports exhaust? The motoring press use the word "crackle" to describe the noise on the overrun.
Pop crackle but no squeak [emoji6]

I was guessing that 'rattle' was used to describe the different noise the exhaust makes when you lift off. It's not a rattle per se, but I can't think of a better word to describe it.

It could be from the exhaust and I’m just overthinking it.... it is new only 50 miles so far and my first AMG.

It hasn’t got the optional performance exhaust. I put it in sports plus and when I rev it I heard it and it sounded weird to me (it is my first AMG).

It could be from the exhaust and I’m just overthinking it.... it is new only 50 miles so far and my first AMG.

It hasn’t got the optional performance exhaust. I put it in sports plus and when I rev it I heard it and it sounded weird to me (it is my first AMG).
If the car is new then don't you have to run the engine in for 1k miles and keep well below 3k rpm? In which case isn't sports+ a no no?

If the car is new then don't you have to run the engine in for 1k miles and keep well below 3k rpm? In which case isn't sports+ a no no?

I was stationary and just revved it abit and heard these sounds, also when driving I did manual for abit and also heard them.

It’s the exhaust

Yeah I was thinking it should be the exhaust or maybe the turbo noise. Mercedes would've found out if there was any issues when doing there pre delivery checks..

Mercedes fit them (not necessarily that brand) in some of their cars.
That might be what is generating your sound - apparently modern (small) engines need something to make a bigger noise ---my car has one!

That might be what is generating your sound - apparently modern (small) engines need something to make a bigger noise ---my car has one!
What, in your SL400???

Couldn’t find anything like that in the boot..

Couldn’t find anything like that in the boot..

You have to burrow down until you hit metal - mine is hidden under a moulded black polystyrene cover. Or, you might have a real exhaust:).

Yep - I was pulling bits out the boot and came across it. Looks very similar to the Kufatec units.
Well it also has a baby V6 fitted so you may have a point, proper AMG though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom