C43 To C63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mythical

Car
C43 AMG (C205)
Evening All,

I've currently got a 2019 C43 coupe which I'm a big fan of, but I've been getting the urge to own a C63 for the V8 before they start downsizing. (still think that will be a big mistake but hey ho..)

Just wondering if anyone on here has gone from a C43 to a C63/63S, and what your experience has been like? positives/negatives?

I've got the standard seats in my C43 which are really comfortable on long journeys, for those that have used both, how do the performance seats compare? About half my trips are 2-4 hour drives each way so comfort is definitely a requirement as it will be a daily driver.

To be honest my biggest concern is how much wider the C63 coupe is. Whilst the space inside of my garage is alright, the entrance is a bit tight and I have to fold the mirrors in to get the C43 inside.
Looking at pictures of the C63 I'm not sure if it will fit due to the width of the rear, does anyone know the width not including mirrors? Google seems to suggest 1592mm but I'm pretty sure that isn't right.

I was hoping to nab a test drive at my local dealer and test parking it inside but the latest lockdown announcement is probably going to delay that :(

Does you garage have a standard sized up/over door or is it smaller? No problems using my garage with the wide rear arches but have to fold the mirrors.
Can measure the door opening if that helps.

The c63 is 67mm wider than the C43 (excluding mirrors) . The attached drawings are for the US spec but it shouldn't make much difference.

Attachments

• w205_coupe_c43_dimension_drawing_853b3f4e3b896652afb2cad02bfcc733357b3421.jpg
    w205_coupe_c43_dimension_drawing_853b3f4e3b896652afb2cad02bfcc733357b3421.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 20
  • w205_coupe_c63_dimension_drawing_dbdf46b18e84378dc448ef4088fa9f89202a1fcf.jpg
    w205_coupe_c63_dimension_drawing_dbdf46b18e84378dc448ef4088fa9f89202a1fcf.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 19
@540YMX it's an up/over door but I don't think it's a standard fit, I'd estimate around 6'5ft wide maybe a little wider. If I can find a tape measure I'll get the correct size.
@CrazyCow thanks for those, I didn't realise it was the front that was the widest part, both looked similar to me. Looking at them they both come out the same size with mirrors out, so if I check how much is saved with mirrors folded I should be okay if it doesn't end up less around 1877mm?

No experience of the C43 so can't comment on that but with regards to comfort I find the car amazing. I drove my car from Stansted to North Scotland and found it a very comfortable journey, I was actually surprised at how comfortable it was.

Also no experience of the C43, but surely no contest to switch to a 63?

I can comment on the comfort factor however. I drove my 63S (with sports seats) to/from Normandy on holiday this year (approx. 400 miles each way), no issue with comfort whatsoever. I will say that you need to adjust the seats carefully to get to that level of comfort mind you.

My garage door opening is 2.12m but has 2 strips of soft rubber so actual gap is 2.07m, no issues getting the car in.

I’ve recently purchased a C63 coupe having test driven several C43 coupes. As soon as I drove the 63 v8, I knew it was the right choice. Main points:
V8 engine
sports exhaust
wider body
power

The 43 looked like a standard 220d, but the noise and performance from the 63 are worlds apart.

I prefer the look of the sports seats, however the standard seats are comfortable on long journeys. They could do with being slightly narrower for me, but they adjust well.

go for the 63, you’ll never look back 👍🏻

where are you based ?

I went from a CLA45 to C63 coupe, not sure if my opinion helps..
Do it. I never turned back and regardless of the obvious power superiority, the styling is far better and aggressive on the C63.

I went from a CLA45 to C63 coupe, not sure if my opinion helps..
Do it. I never turned back and regardless of the obvious power superiority, the styling is far better and aggressive on the C63.
Hey Danny. Great to see you posting again. Hope all is well mate. 👍

Sorry I seem to have taken over a little from the OP. Lockdown made me consider the C63 as the last of a breed and working from home more means less consideration of fuel use. However I'm a bit unsure as I've had 4wd cars for over 10 years and though perhaps the C43 would be better suited to me. With the cost of a new one I was considering adding a Brabus chip to up the power to 450bhp and pocketing the 10k saved over the C63. This damn new lockdown doesn't help as there are none to test drive here in South Wales and the ones over the border will be off limits from Thursday until 2nd of December...

Ahhhh the great 4WD/AWD versus RWD debate. Best get the popcorn.

The 43 and 63 are both great - but different - cars, not dissimilar to Asparagus Risotto and Filet Steak both being great but different meals.

Personally, I like both Asparagus Risotto and Fillet Steak, but plenty of people like one or the other, but not both.

Best get over the border sharpish then to help make your mind up 👍🏻

Sorry I seem to have taken over a little from the OP. Lockdown made me consider the C63 as the last of a breed and working from home more means less consideration of fuel use. However I'm a bit unsure as I've had 4wd cars for over 10 years and though perhaps the C43 would be better suited to me. With the cost of a new one I was considering adding a Brabus chip to up the power to 450bhp and pocketing the 10k saved over the C63. This damn new lockdown doesn't help as there are none to test drive here in South Wales and the ones over the border will be off limits from Thursday until 2nd of December...

My situation was like yours, had Audi's since 2013 (A5 and A6) and got very used to 4WD. Have owned my C63S since the end of July and have basically had to learn to drive all over again - in a good way obviously. Same position in terms of test drives too due to the first set of restrictions, I have to say I took a massive risk and ended up buying one without driving it more than a few feet around the yard at the indie I got it from (Imola of Bristol - probably just a hop over the Severn for you in South Wales).

However, after a number of conversations with them about the provenance of the car, the amount of positive reviews I read from previous customers and the fact they sold some serious machinery that other customers obviously trusted them implicitly with (they had Ferrari's, Aston's and Lamborghini's in when I was there) I took the risk.

Go for a 63 you really won't be disappointed and at the end of the day, its only money.....Who wants to be the richest person in the graveyard?!

Evening All,

I've currently got a 2019 C43 coupe which I'm a big fan of, but I've been getting the urge to own a C63 for the V8 before they start downsizing. (still think that will be a big mistake but hey ho..)

Just wondering if anyone on here has gone from a C43 to a C63/63S, and what your experience has been like? positives/negatives?

I've got the standard seats in my C43 which are really comfortable on long journeys, for those that have used both, how do the performance seats compare? About half my trips are 2-4 hour drives each way so comfort is definitely a requirement as it will be a daily driver.

To be honest my biggest concern is how much wider the C63 coupe is. Whilst the space inside of my garage is alright, the entrance is a bit tight and I have to fold the mirrors in to get the C43 inside.
Looking at pictures of the C63 I'm not sure if it will fit due to the width of the rear, does anyone know the width not including mirrors? Google seems to suggest 1592mm but I'm pretty sure that isn't right.

I was hoping to nab a test drive at my local dealer and test parking it inside but the latest lockdown announcement is probably going to delay that :(
The current c63 has already been downsized, drive a 204 6.3 then decide. it also looks far easier on the eye than the 205.

Ahhhh the great 4WD/AWD versus RWD debate. Best get the popcorn.

The 43 and 63 are both great - but different - cars, not dissimilar to Asparagus Risotto and Filet Steak both being great but different meals.

Personally, I like both Asparagus Risotto and Fillet Steak, but plenty of people like one or the other, but not both.

Best get over the border sharpish then to help make your mind up 👍🏻
😁 great analogy !
(rwd is better) 🤫

Thanks for all the replies so far guys! I would be going for brand new whichever I chose but i was thinking of the C43 because much of the special items like the LSD and performance seats can be specc'd on it. That leaves you with the unique bodywork and extra power on the C63, but you get lighter weight, 4wd and with a chip to 450 pretty good performance...and saving 15-20k..
I know the sound of the V8 is top notch but the V6 sounds quite good in the Youtube videos I've watched.
Sorry to sound like a powder puff but I probably don't trust myself despite having owned hot hatches all my life. Perhaps 4wd has made me lazy...:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom