C43 w202 which color change or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horgantrevor

MB Enthusiast
Car
w202 c43 & w210 E220 CDI estate w219 W221
I have a 1998 c43 744 silver but looking to change the colour

I'm getting a full respray glass out and so on

I have been looking at the newer mb colour range and I have a few ideas

But I would love a few thoughts from people

Get it wrapped. Much cheaper and there are some really nice colours available.

I thought about changing the colour of mine at one point and I was looking at doing it in one of the period Designio colours, I thought about "Labrador blue" I think that is what they called it, or the Burnt Orange colour that I have seen a Gen 202 55 in.

Keep it original colour,unless you are going to do the engine bay under bonnet/boot etc.a lot of work to do for a proper colour change.

Keep it original.... but if needs must, Tenorite Grey may look really nice... a modern MB hue that may freshen the W202 shape right up....

Slightly off-topic but related. Of the more "common" C43 colours that I'm aware of - silver, black, blue/black - which if any is most favoured or considered the best looking? I can't make my mind up!!

C43 only came in five colors:

040 Black
143 Glacier White
582 Imperial Red
197 Obsidian Black
744 Brilliant Silver

All three interior colors were available in all except the Imperial Red.

To change color would diminish value and unless the engine is out extremely difficult to change the engine bay color.

C43 will increase in value as they were low production builds and the first post merger V8 in a small sedan. :thumb:

Ed A.

Funny looking Black, as advertised.

I mean no disrespect but what about this estate?

Used Mercedes C CLASS C43 AMG ... for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 1785358)

And it's not the first C43 I've seen advertised in this colour. :dk:

Estates were not available in the USA.
The five colors I indicated were the only colors available on the 1147 cars imported to the USA from 1998-2000.

Obvious by your link Azurite Blue Metallic was available in the UK and global markets...possibly many more colors? :thumb:

Still a rare car and color change would diminish value.

Ed A.

Estates were not available in the USA.
The five colors I indicated were the only colors available on the 1147 cars imported to the USA from 1998-2000.

Obvious by your link Azurite Blue Metallic was available in the UK and global markets...possibly many more colors? :thumb:

Still a rare car and color change would diminish value.

Ed A.

But the OP is UK based, and never asked about the US available colours?

Personally I think the smaragd-schwarz (189) is gorgeous!

if the car was worth a million pounds then i would say keep it original but as its not and never will be then go with what you want..!!!
we only live once and its not all about worrying that the car might be worth a little less later on.. tbh i think silver is soooo boring it hurts, :)
1015954_10201362337365601_1463815622_o.jpg

893256_10201608248433224_1549420626_o.jpg

But the OP is UK based, and never asked about the US available colours?

Personally I think the smaragd-schwarz (189) is gorgeous!

He could be based on the moon...
My main point was if you are considering a color change, then only use a color that was available at that time for that model.

Even doing so, a quality respray is expensive, and if the color is changed the cost of doing so will diminish the value of a low production model.

Say what you want but any low production pre and early post merger AMG Mercs tend to eventually rise in price.

A serious buyer of a quality car considers such changes made and adjusts the offer accordingly.

If you don't care about having a different color in the engine bay then go for a color change !

that looks nice in white, it makes it look more modern, but i think a darkish grey would do the same trick and make it look more statesman like.

Hi I was looking into the darker grey

Or go mad engine out job RED which red I don't know but I have seen one in the flesh and I couldn't stop looking at it

I'm not too worried about loosing value as it cost me very little to buy
It has the usual rust spots and now been sitting in a garage most of the year as I'm working over seas

But I'm looking to have it ready for next summer

would I get lynched if I dropped a diesel 250 into that?

anybody want a 4.3 litre petrol engine? lol (half serious)

Looks nice, doesn't it? :rock:

I'll raise you the 3.2 turbo out of my W210 (plus the tiptronic box) but I don't think it will fit :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom